• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Greensburg, IN
    OVERVIEW

Want to be a master at long range shooting? Due to popular demand, Bell Precision Rifles (located in Greensburg, IN) will now be offering long-range shooting courses for a complete beginner, an intermediate, and an expert level shooter.

COURSE DESCRIPTION
    There are no course requirements other than coming with an open mind and a listening ear. Eye and ear protection is also required; you will need to bring 400 rounds of match ammo for your caliber of choice, or we can provide ammunition for extra cost. You are not required to bring a rifle for this course. You may use one of our in house precision bolt guns for $20 which covers cleaning and maintenance. Complimentary lodging and meals will also be provided.
    The course will cover a general over view of how your firearm functions. You will learn how to properly clean and maintain your firearm, how to set your rifle up for success, understand MOA and develop a drop chart for your rifle. We will cover wind estimation and accounting for wind drift with your reticule. You will learn how much effect the weather has on your shot. For example: humidity, air temp, and elevation can make as much as 5 feet of difference in point of impact at just 600 yards.

During this course, we will also learn how to shoot from various positions such as:
    • Prone, standing with a sling, aka "hasting's method"
    • Froggie's method (shooting with a bipod)
    • Shooting from a pack, a bench, a log, a tree, a vehicle, or pretty much any position that you could need in a real world scenario
    Our goal is to take a complete amateur shooter who has never shot long range before and have them to the point to where they are comfortable disassembling, maintaining and shooting their rifle with PRECISION to over 600 yards by the end of the day. The way we see it, it does not pay you to have an accurate rifle if you don't know how to be accurate with it. That is what we're here for.

PRICING
    • Course costs $500
    • Basic reloading class (which we can develop a load for your rifle)is $250, plus components
    • Rifle rental is $20
    • We offer personalized one on one training if you wish to bring a family member, or spouse, you may do so for $100 extra which helps us cover food and expenses
    • Complimentary lodging and food will be provided
    Bell Precision Rifles is located in Greensburg, IN just south of Indianapolis.
    If you are not near our location...no problem! Fly into the Indianapolis Airport and we will pick you up for no extra cost
    We have a 300 acre farm on site with a large house in which we will do our best to accommodate and feed you for no extra cost

CONTACT US
    Shoot us an email describing who you are, what you wish to learn from this class, and dates that could fit your schedule. Prepare to receive personalized service like you have never experienced before.

Phone: 317.384.3761
    Email: joedbell@gmail.com
    For additional information or details, please do not hesitate to call or email at anytime!
    www.facebook.com/bellprecisionrifles

Here is a testamonial from Brent Stephens who recently took our shooting class:

This is what I thought of your class in a very condensed form:

I have received firearms training from the United States Marine Corps, US Army, SWAT instructors, and now Joseph Bell. None of my previous instruction comes close to what I was able to learn in the first 3o minutes that I worked with Bell. I went from being shaky at holding decent groups at 100 yards to engaging multiple targets ranging from 100-600 yards in a matter of seconds, dealing precision hits every time. Bell’s ability to instruct due to pulling from a wealth of unmatched knowledge will lead you to become proficient on any firearm. His expertise is clearly shown in the craftsmen ship that results in his precision rifles. In short, if you want to become a marksman and then have a rifle to put those skills into action, look no further than Joseph Bell. Thank you again for everything. I cannot tell you how much that all meant to me. I have been racking my brain since I got back on when I can head back. We shall see what I can come up with. Stay in touch and I wish you the best in all of your endeavors.
    --
    Thank you,
    Brent Stephens

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Uhhh. That's Hot.

When is the class? Or is this a one on one class, looks like a 1 on 1 and add $100 per extra individual? How long is the training and how many can you comfortably teach at a time? Sorry I'm dense.

And to think I was looking at the CIHPRS website looking for this kind of training while you were typing this up.http://www.cihprs.org/

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    what are your credentials? dont take this as me being rude or saying your not qualified, but i know folks want to know the guy teaching class's are the real deal

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    what are your credentials? dont take this as me being rude or saying your not qualified, but i know folks want to know the guy teaching class's are the real deal

Thanks for asking the question. Wonder what other testimonials he can provide too.

That's a hefty prince but definitely would be worth it if you can accomplish what he states, and especially if you can split it with another person or two at an extra 100 each.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thanks for asking the question. Wonder what other testimonials he can provide too.

That's a hefty prince but definitely would be worth it if you can accomplish what he states, and especially if you can split it with another person or two at an extra 100 each.

Am I just missing it, or does it not say how many days the class is for? If two days, I don't see that as a bad price, especially with lodging and food included.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Am I just missing it, or does it not say how many days the class is for? If two days, I don't see that as a bad price, especially with lodging and food included.

Missing several details, but it sounds like a 1 or 2 day private course for $500. If its GOOD and individual $500 doesn't sound like too much of a burden considering the individual attention you get.

Hopefully he comes back to provide more details, maybe I can talk him into a first time ingo review discount ;).

But maybe some other INGO members would help teach me for less...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

compared to other classes its defintally not a bad deal. the probelm i see is without knowing that he is qualified its worthless. again as far as i know he is the worlds for most expert, but i would like to see his qualifications

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Greensburg, IN
    additional info

Thanks for all of the interest and good questions. The class is 1 day and will run from 10am-6pm. $500 a person the $100 is for family that want to go like a father, mother, brother, etc. No more than 3 attending at a time; this is most beneficial for customer because I am able to work with them one on one to be able to work on things they may struggle with or to improve on without having to contend with other shooters.
    I teach about 20 rifle classes a year and just as many pistol. If you take the class and end up buying a pistol or rifle from me,the class is free of charge. I do this so that my customer can learn their weapon and become proficient with it. Qualifications I have competed in: Competitive F class steel challenge, 3 gun trap, tactical rifle matches.
    I build the rifles and do all the barrel, break in, and load developments. This past year I rebarreled my personal rifle 4 times and logged in just under 20,000 rounds.
    This is my career, my passion, and my life. I assure you that you will not be dissappointed with the knowledge you will learn and take home with you and be able to apply in the field for a lifetime.
    Training of equal value will run you $1000-$1300 a day. Those courses will many times offer a classroom video, bring your own lunch and shooting maybe 50-200 rounds and little to no time of personal instruction!!
    All I can say is that if you're wanting to learn, I am willing to teach. You will not be dissappointed.

See you on the range!
    Joseph Bell
    Bell Precision Rifles
    facebook.com/bellprecisionrifles

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Greensburg, IN
    Here is a testimonial from Glenn Cottrill:

"In july,2011, i met joe bell of BPR on line in attempt to purchase a rifle he was selling for a customer of his. My indecision spawned an invitation to come to BPR and shoot several rifles custom built by him. im not usually one to do such a thing but somehow it just felt right- so in october 2011 there was a cancellation and with a 3 day heads up i went to BPR headquarters (ie: farm,machine shop,and lotsa acreage!!!)

Timing was such that i shot 5 different rifles, several calibres, on different chassis. The rifles were the good stuff- AI and McMillan chassis, custom actions by Joe, brux and rock river barrels, 308-7mm mag-338lap mag. We loaded beaucoup 308 and shot close to 600 rounds over 2 days. I successfully ranged and hit targets out to 950 yards in real time about an hour. My prior experience.......None Thats how easy it was for me.

We started with the basics-- on a .22 bolt rifle (also custom by Joe) in what would be his front yard. 25yds with open sights, working on fundamentals of bench rest technique, breath control, stock/cheek weld, recoil management, hand positionand pressure, trigger actuation and follow through. we took those newly learned concepts (not yet skills that i truly owned) to an open cornfield where he repeated his simple instructions and i had hits immediately at 400 and 600 yards..... NOTE: I dialed the elevation he prescribed and held off for windage as he made those calls while spotting for me. We moved quickly to 950 where a steel cow had no chance if i listened to Joe and did my job behind the rifle.

I have been back to BPR now 2 other times since- 1. to pick up my new 308 he built for me (and shoot it a bunch!!) 2. to attend another class as more of an observer and to see the formal upgrades in the syllabus/course material. I am very impressed with the continual upgrades and evolution that has taken place in this business. I know I am welcome at their farm any time and we have become friends for sure. I trust him, and the proof is in the pudding. He can teach the craft and you better know that he can perform as well. Simple, basic, organized + one on one shot for shot instruction is what happens there and the total= successful student shooters. WARNING: if you don' want to shoot great custom rifles with great components A LOT... with patient, concerned, attentive instruction this may not be for you.

Joe and his family are people of great faith and it shows. I have never felt like a stranger among them and have never had better food :) They strongly support his mission to teach and have students to their estate. You will not be disappointed if you are fortunate enough to get some time to spend with Joe and his family. He is a wealth of contemporary knowledge regarding the world of long range shooting,custom rifle and ammunition manufacturing as well as a very successful competitive shooter himself. (ask to see one of his custom 1911's or Glock race guns- he's proud of them also)"
    -Glenn Cottrill Panama City Fl. (13 hrs. south of Greensburg :)

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    600 yards ain't "Long Range", me bucko. You will appeal to those who think it is a formidible thing. I have personally taught 14 y/o kids how to shoot an iron sighted, 20 inch AR at 600 yards with precision inside of 22 minutes at a High Power Rifle Match. (2 sighters and 20 shots for record)

I wish you success. We need lots more people comfortable with their rifles. I would like to see the menu before I could plop over 500 bucks for a mere rifle class. I could be persuaded depending on the food supplied. Everyone who knows me, knows I can't afford to miss a meal.....:D

As for me, High Power matches and Cedartop, will get my attention and disposable funds.

I wish you well. You will stand or fall depending on the quality of the product you are offering.

Edit to add.......
    "For example: humidity, air temp, and elevation can make as much as 5 feet of difference in point of impact at just 600 yards."

I would be tempted to take your class just to see a difference as dramatic as this. I have seen 1 MOA or so, but never 10 MOA.

Unless you are talking about elevation angle and not just changes in elevation. I'm not sure. Do you have towers you shoot from? Because, I have always wanted to learn how to make a shot when the elevation is dramatically different between me and the target.

Last edited:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    600 yards ain't "Long Range", me bucko. You will appeal to those who think it is a formidible thing. I have personally taught 14 y/o kids how to shoot an iron sighted, 20 inch AR at 600 yards with precision inside of 22 minutes at a High Power Rifle Match. (2 sighters and 20 shots for record)

Kinda what I was thinking. I'd pay for a class, but I want to shoot beyond 600 yards. I showed up and an F-class match with my rifle, and with only a few sighters, I was close enough at 600 yards that I actually won the match. 600 yards isn't difficult with consistent wind. 800+ with a .308, now you're talking.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Greensburg, IN
    Ok guys I didn't want to spill the beans too early, our rifle range is 1370 YDS I require everyone to take the introductery course wich is out to 600 yds to learn my shooting methods so I can guarantee you success in the field and a greater distance. The masters course will be half price at $250 for the day. At this point you will be an extremely well rounded shooter as long as you come with an open mind
    See you on the range

Top Bottom