• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    15% off your purchase by using code THANKFUL code is good until NOV 30, 2011. Website is: Air Filters Delivered - Residential, Commercial and Industrial - Buy Replacement Air Filters Online

I was buying 3M BLUE (2000 MRP) rated filters at Miejers for around $22 eveyr 3 months. Home Depot/Lowes/Menards only carried the 3M Purple (1900 MRP) rated. With 2 little ones at home that are "fragile" :rolleyes: I wanted to make sure our air quality was as filtered as possible.

In any case decided to see if I could buy in bulk the 3M filters when I ran into the company above. After doing some research found out that via this company I could get better rated filters for CHEAPER than what I was buying via 3M. The 3Ms I was getting are rated MERV-11 to MERV-12.

Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV)

I ended up getting MERV-13 rated for about $8 an item! :rockwoot:
    I bought enough to last me 6 years (4 changes per year) so come inflation I'm set in this house for a while now. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    With 2 little ones at home that are "fragile" I wanted to make sure our air quality was as filtered as possible.

You can buy the most expensive furnace filter on the market, but it's not going to work properly if you don't have clean duct works. Especially if you need the cleanest air for your kids.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    One design aspect of residential air conditioning and heating that isn't considered or built into newer homes is return filter placement. Most furnaces have a filter at the air mover, it boggles my mind is why don't designers put a filter at the air return intake grill. A merv 7 at the intake would make your merv 13 last three to four times longer and make your system stay cleaner longer.

Everyone should consider retrofitting your air return with a filtering grill, cheap easy single day or weekend project depending on your skills.

Humidity is much easier to control as well when there is less dust in the air.

Not a residential expert, just read alot..

The air we condition at work would blow your mind, no pun intended...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    One design aspect of residential air conditioning and heating that isn't considered or built into newer homes is return filter placement. Most furnaces have a filter at the air mover, it boggles my mind is why don't designers put a filter at the air return intake grill. A merv 7 at the intake would make your merv 13 last three to four times longer and make your system stay cleaner longer.

Everyone should consider retrofitting your air return with a filtering grill, cheap easy single day or weekend project depending on your skills.

Humidity is much easier to control as well when there is less dust in the air.

Not a residential expert, just read alot..

The air we condition at work would blow your mind, no pun intended...

Our Intake air is filtered and changed regularly :yesway:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    change any HVAC filter once a month any longer than that your killin' the efficiency for your system and puttin' undo stress on it.....90% of all residential system are short of return air and high dense filters compound the problem......30 years + in HVAC so take it or leave it....

Top Bottom