• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Bradis is imposing a 2 box per customer limit on all ammunition. All calibers, no mixing, matching. No more than 2 boxes per customer I've heard of Wal-marts doing this but, a local gun store? Bradis...I love you man but, dude, you're killing me. Hopefully, Lisa will set it right when she returns. I was there an I seen the signs plastered all over the store. Maybe by the next time I go in there, they will have all been taken down. I have give them a "-1" because, at there worst, they are still pretty good. But, I'll give them a bunch of these thingies............

:noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    Bradis is imposing a 2 box per customer limit on all ammunition. All calibers, no mixing, matching. No more than 2 boxes per customer I've heard of Wal-marts doing this but, a local gun store? Bradis...I love you man but, dude, you're killing me. Hopefully, Lisa will set it right when she returns. I was there an I seen the signs plastered all over the store. Maybe by the next time I go in there, they will have all been taken down. I have give them a "-1" because, at there worst, they are still pretty good. But, I'll give them a bunch of these thingies............

:noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

You must be a regular. I got a one box (50 rnds) limit on 380 auto! LOL.:):

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I don't see a problem with it. They want all their customers to have a chance to get ammo. Too many are buying up all they can get and then trying to resale it at outrages prices.

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I assume they are still selling bulk ammo so I don't see a problem in this. They are just trying to make sure everyone has a fair shake at getting some ammo. I'm sure some people have been taking advantage of Bradis's fair prices and trying to resell to make a profit. Even on this forum people have been trying to take advantage of the ammo shortage and selling ammo for outrageous prices so if this helps on cutting down on price gouging then I'm all for it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I hope more stores will do this. It is perhaps the only way to put an end to the panic buying, the hoarding, and the profiteering that is currently going on.

Go, Bradis!!! I'm going to be halfway there this Sunday anyway, gonna have to try to stop in and show my support with $$$ :)

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    No per case sales...there are some 200 "battle packs" but, no case sales. Except for maybe .22lr. "Spread the wealth" WTF?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    they are trying to make sure everybody gets some ammo which is noble and I applaud, but I don't know if it's the smartest thing fiscally.

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are they simply not selling the cases they have or do they not have any in stock? They could be making more money by breaking down the cases and selling per pack and jacking up the prices but they aren't. They are choosing to limit the buying so everyone can get a little. Is it an ideal situation...no... but I think they are just trying to be fair to all their customers. You gotta do what you gotta do. They aren't taking advantage of the "panic" so I'll still support them.

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    Are they simply not selling the cases they have or do they not have any in stock? They could be making more money by breaking down the cases and selling per pack and jacking up the prices but they aren't. They are choosing to limit the buying so everyone can get a little. Is it an ideal situation...no... but I think they are just trying to be fair to all their customers. You gotta do what you gotta do. They aren't taking advantage of the "panic" so I'll still support them.

True.

Even though a couple days ago they only let me buy 1 box of 380 auto when they had four left ($15 for 50 rnds - no markup). I'm not mad and not greedy. I'll stop buy again this week sometime to see if I can score another.

Reminds me of when Meijer sells there Coke for $5 a case and limits 2 per person. If they didn't, some A-hole would show up and buy out all of it and nobody else could get any.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I hope more stores will do this. It is perhaps the only way to put an end to the panic buying, the hoarding, and the profiteering that is currently going on.

Go, Bradis!!! I'm going to be halfway there this Sunday anyway, gonna have to try to stop in and show my support with $$$ :)

I agree completely. I was lucky enough to get a case of UMC 9MM at Dick's Sporting Goods in Evansville this past weekend. I would have bought all of it, but there were 3 people who came in and wanted some as well.

I didn't want it to "hoard it" though... I wanted to have it all shot at the range by the end of the month :):

But this is definitely a good thing. It can only help stop the panic.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I was travelling from east central Indiana to Brown County yesterday. I stopped at several shops along the way.

Ludco in Parker had a one box limit sign posted by their ammo.

KS&E on the east side of Indy was limiting most sales to two boxes of the same caliber ammo. Ed is hoping to get more case lot ammo later this month. They had no .38 ammo.

Beech Grove Firearms didn't have a limit, but were being told that there were some substantial increases coming in 9mm ammo prices. One major manufacturer received orders for more 9mm ammo in January and February than all of 2008. We didn't talk about other calibers.

What I did pick up overall was a sense that there is something going on in the ammo pipeline, but the suppliers weren't sure what it was. Kinda weird!

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It can't really be that bad. I am out of 9 mm but I still have 40 and 45 in the shop. I know the prices are not the best but they are a straight mark up on wholesale 20% which means I make about $2-4 a box depending. Stop by the shop LE Firearms, 2619 S Shelby St, Indpls IN 46203 317-822-8129
    We also got a bunch of Single boxes of odd ball rounds. From a place that went out of business. 221 fireball and such, once again can't say the price is the best but I got something.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    lovemywoods said:
    KS&E on the east side of Indy was limiting most sales to two boxes of the same caliber ammo.

They must really like you! I was in there last weekend and Monday. They were limiting 9mm to one box at a time of Winshester NATO and would only sell Independence if you bought a Hi Point. :dunno:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I was in there what... Tuesday and bought 5 boxes of WWB 5.56 (20 rounds a box... sure though they were all taped together being sold as 100 rounds)

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Also do keep in mind guys and gals... go to any place you have ever bought ammo from online... you'll notice "SOLD OUT" on 75-95% of what they usually had an abundance of... be happy local gun stores still have ANY at all. I know shops like Bradis can't even get any 380 and other calibers right now, stuff just isn't there to be bought.

Top Bottom