• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    Bradis is imposing a 2 box per customer limit on all ammunition. All calibers, no mixing, matching. No more than 2 boxes per customer I've heard of Wal-marts doing this but, a local gun store? Bradis...I love you man but, dude, you're killing me. Hopefully, Lisa will set it right when she returns. I was there an I seen the signs plastered all over the store. Maybe by the next time I go in there, they will have all been taken down. I have give them a "-1" because, at there worst, they are still pretty good. But, I'll give them a bunch of these thingies............

:noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:
    Reload Man Reload I understand them trying to spread stuff around but wth is next,,,, Complain LOUDLY it's our only defense

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Guys, there are even some little out ladies I know who are going out and trying to stock up on ammo. Sales are through the roof because of Obamanation. This is not something manufacturers plan for.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I have no problem with first come first serve but I'm really loving the fact they're letting everyone have a piece of the pie. Trust me I'm not a communist :)

Just tired of running around and never getting any ammo!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I'd rather have 10 neighbors with 2 boxes of ammo, as opposed to 1 neighbor with 20 boxes.

I'll second that. We just had a guy banned from this forum for this very situation. Had a mess of WWB, trying to sell it for LOT more than it was worth (damn near 200% margin).

If few people have the supply, they can control the demand (making it go up). I for one congratulate Bradis on this. BTW: You can still get their 100 round packs from them at a decent price.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I'm all for limiting ammo sales to 1 or 2 boxes.But I'm not happy about this situation. Ed at KS&E told me that a customer who buys a gun deserves to be ABLE to buy a box or two of ammo to go with it. I'm sure the other stores feel the same. If he lets everybody buy all they want, there won't be ANY ammo for people who fork out $200 to $700 for a gun. I reload about 2 or 3 thousand rds. a year, but buying bullets and primers are harder and more expensive every time I need some. The ammo cos. are NOT adding more tooling to meet demand as they see this as a "bubble" that will burst soon. I hope this craze ends soon, without the ammo cos. having to lay off workers if it ends too suddenly.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    It's their store they can do what they want. I don't blame them...they want to keep customers happy. Unfortunately some will be mad.

Really if you waited this long to stock up you should not be bitching about a 2 box limit.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    i agree

was in the local wal-mart looking for some ammo and the guy in sporting goods said some woman came in and bought all the 9mm and they also said they had 25 boxes of .45 100 rnd pks at 5:00 pm and by 7:00 they were down to 3 boxes......there has to be some kind of limit i mean give everyone a chance at it...just my:twocents:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    This is just business. If Bradis keeps their prices low and sells however much the customer wants, they'll run out fast and people will go to another shop that does have stock (albeit higher prices). Then the traffic is down and they won't sell as many guns.

I don't necessarily applaud this, but it is a business decision and IMO they aren't trying to be "fair" even though that's what they'll tell the customer to put themselves in the best light.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    No per case sales...there are some 200 "battle packs" but, no case sales. Except for maybe .22lr. "Spread the wealth" WTF?

Bradis is in a no-win situation. If they don't put a limit on it, guys like you will buy it all up and they'll have to deal with all the other pissed off customers who are left with nothing. If they DO put a limit on it, they have to deal with pissed off guys like you who want to hoard it all for themselves.

Didn't your mother ever teach you to share?

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bradis is in a no-win situation. If they don't put a limit on it, guys like you will buy it all up and they'll have to deal with all the other pissed off customers who are left with nothing. If they DO put a limit on it, they have to deal with pissed off guys like you who want to hoard it all for themselves.

Didn't your mother ever teach you to share?

You forgot the third option, raise the price sky high and **** off everyone.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Two things: first, its their store and they can do what they want. I certainly won't go there to buy ammo. Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, who's going to buy a gun if they can't walk out with a couple boxes of ammo? I suspect the ammo limit is there to protect their gun sales.

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    This is way out of hand. The past 2 1/2 days, I drove from Indy to where I'm staying for a few days, in Phoenix. I took the normal route for coming out here(70 to St. Louis, down to Tulsa/OKC, then 40 west through Amarillo, Albuquerue, and Flagstaff, then 17 down here to Phoenix.

When I was coming into Tulsa, I got the bright idea, "why not look for ammo in the cities that I'm traveling through. I called every gunshop/sporting goods store in Tulsa. No one had .380(the only thing I'm looking for atm). I go through OKC...I left a message for the one place that didn't answer, and about an hour later, I get a call back from them and they had a lot of .380, but would have to limit me to 2 boxes. I will stop by there on my way back next week to see if they still have any. On to Amarillo and Albuquerue....No one had ANY in either one of those cities. I evened opened up my search to include Walmarts. Albuquerque is a decent sized city...I called the few places my gps brough up when coming into Flagstaff, and managed to find one place that said he has .380 on its way from california, and should have it by friday or monday, but didn't have any in stock right now. I come into Phoenix and called a few places...I've only called 3-4 places, and found one place that has .380, but wants $30/50rd of PMC. I haven't checked to see what going rate is on that stuff to see if it's avg price or above. I go to Long Beach on Sunday, so I will also check in the towns on the way there as well as the LB area. I didn't have this much trouble find .223 in November...and this is just handgun ammo...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Let's get the real story.

PAGING SHOOTER521!

I have not been in to work since the policy was enacted, so I don't know any more than you guys do. I can see both sides of the issue here; I understand why the decision was made, and I understand why some folks might be pissed. At any rate, I hope it's just temporary and things will get back to normal once supply catches up with demand.

Top Bottom