• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Noisy Cricket

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Bobcat Steel will be having a Ladies Steel Shoot on Sunday September 18th at 9am. We'll be at a private range which is just north of Shelbyville. Location will be PM'ed to attendees. End time is TBD for this handgun and rimfire shoot.

All attendees will be expected to participate. Since it is a LADIES shoot we will have a shotgun area for guys that want to tag along with their ladies to a shoot...over in another area. ;)

What are we doing?
    Ladies
    Handgun and rimfire calibers! We are going to have stages, kind of like Friday Night Steel; timing the stages just for fun to see how we compare. If people want to just do the stage without being timed and just want to work on accuracy for their turn, that's fine too. There will be people around to help with questions/pointers.
    Guys
    Guys are going to be shooting clays with shotguns in another area.

What to bring:
    Bug Spray
    Eyes/Ears/Ammo(recommended:150-200 rounds minimum)
    Handgun or rimfire caliber firearms
    Pitch-in item
    *If you're short on any of the above such as eyes or ears our hosts have extras(and are graciously willing to share) If you are short a firearm and supply the commercially produced ammunition, you can use any of the following handguns of ours(Lisa and Kimball):
    22 - P22
    9mm - P30L
    45acp - HK45
    40sw/357sig - P2000sk (I have barrels for both)
    9mm - P30L
    45acp - HK45
    40sw/357sig - P2000sk (I have barrels for both)
    Guys-"we have 3 bird throwers, a 60 stack electric w/ remote control, a double arm and a single arm 3/4 cock with seats. the intent is to have all warm up for a bit then we can shoot different stations sporting clay style. we have 5 different sizes of birds, regular size, midis, minis, batteaus, and rabbits. generally every one will shoot between 75 and 100 rounds, more or less is your choice. please bring your own shells and if you dont have a shotgun good for doubles, we have some you can borrow in 12 ga. bird donations appreciated but not mandatory."-Daryll

Space will be somewhat limited. We will need to keep the number of ladies to 20 to accommodate the handgun range where the ladies will be. So we will need an RSVP if you intend to come.

Here are the people I have that are coming:

1.Rayne & Mr. Rayne
    2. Cowgirl
    3. Angelfire
    4. Kim and Bryan
    5. Jenn
    6. Christina Nicholas
    7. Missy & Daryll....obviously
    8. Lisa Bowden & Kimball
    9. Mrs. IGW & Mr. IGW
    10. Brandy Christman & Tom
    11. Brandy's mom
    12. Jeepcrazed and Jeepcrazed Jr. (?)
    13. Mrs. octalman and octalman
    Did I miss anyone?

FOOD:

Pitch-In!!!! You are free to bring ANY beverage of your choice. However, there will be NO ALCOHOL before or during the shoot. After the shoot is over, while we're eating and whatnot you're free to have your drink(s)!! This SHOULD go without saying, but...now it's been said and there is no question. Thanks!

Menu
    Burgers
    Rayne - "either pies or cookies, plus something else on the healthy food side of the scales"
    88GT- Chips, dip, and maybe potato salad? Baked beans?
    Bowdens- toppings and such

You can contact me via PM or phone: 406.570.4373

If the date doesn't work for you or you aren't in this grouping; all we need is a venue and we'll be happy to get another steel event slated, just let Kimball or myself know!!

Since this is the first Bobcat Steel event I have planned, please bear with me as I may have left something out...any questions just ask! We'll be updating as we go along and get closer as well!

Last edited:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I know this was posted in the wee hours last night when few are on, so here is a little nudge during peak browsing....

Missyb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    This will be so much fun!!! I may be biased since it is our range, but I personally can't imagine all participants leaving without a perma-grin and healthy addiction to steel shooting!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    This will be so much fun!!! I may be biased since it is our range, but I personally can't imagine all participants leaving without a perma-grin and healthy addiction to steel shooting!

Thank you MissyB for hosting this chance for us ladies to try our hand at shooting steel. I'm sure I will have a big perma-grin on my face most of the day. :D

Can you tell me how long it takes to get to your range from downtown Greenfield? Estimate is fine. I'm trying to figure out if I can find an early church service to go to that morning and still make it on time. :)

Missyb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    For the record Bobcat Steel is hosting this event, we just hapen to have one of many suitable locations. Thanks all go to Mr. and Mrs. Bobcat Steel!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    So can you tell us what to bring?
    Obviously if we are expected to participate, we need our gun, hearing protection and safety glasses.
    Other than that can you let us know how much ammo we should expect to use?
    Is there anything else we need to bring?
    Any restrictions on what type or caliber of gun we bring?
    I know they shot 22lr rifles at FNS, is this something we could bring too, or is it strickly for handguns?
    Also, since I'm sure I'm going to love this, will you have any targets for sale that day?
    How many ladies do we have signed up so far?
    Sorry for all the questions. I'm so looking forward to this?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Targets will be available for purchase, yes.
    I need to run it by Lisa, but my vote would be to limit this to pistols. I know there will be some newer shooters there, and this will keep the playing field a bit more fair. Bring the 22 rifles or pistol caliber rifles as a backup. Depending on attendance we may just open it up!
    Bring as much ammo as you want as there will probably be some free shoot time, but I would bring 150-200 rds minimum.

I will be there, so I hope a few of the men show up. We will more than likely be blowing up some clays in the back :ar15:
    If no guys show up, I may have to jump in the steel shoot to tune in my 9mm SBR.:cool:

Last edited:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Please direct all future inquiries/correspondence to the following thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._steel_demo_riley_conservation_club_club.html

I need to run it by Lisa, but my vote would be to limit this to pistols. I know there will be some newer shooters there, and this will keep the playing field a bit more fair. Bring the 22 rifles or pistol caliber rifles as a backup. Depending on attendance we may just open it up!
    Bring as much ammo as you want as there will probably be some free shoot time, but I would bring 150-200 rds minimum.

I will be there, so I hope a few of the men show up. We will more than likely be blowing up some clays in the back :ar15:
    If no guys show up, I may have to jump in the steel shoot to tune in my 9mm SBR.:cool:

Well it said ladies only So I didn't read the thread till now. Mrs. Westide has to work but I would mind coming out to play. I can bring my O/U for some clay destruction.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Well it said ladies only So I didn't read the thread till now. Mrs. Westide has to work but I would mind coming out to play. I can bring my O/U for some clay destruction.

The intent was to get the ladies out, but the significant others are welcome to come.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

Thanks for all the information, as of now, my husband is planning on attending with me and bringing his shot gun. Should we bring some clays too?

I'm perfectly ok if you want to make it just pistols, I was just wondering.

Noisy Cricket

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Shelbyville

Bug spray too!!

Missyb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Yes on bug spray!!! Depending on attendance we may get out the rimfire rifles, if not during the main event then we hope to have enough time for some free shooting and practice.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Yes on bug spray!!! Depending on attendance we may get out the rimfire rifles, if not during the main event then we hope to have enough time for some free shooting and practice.

Do we have to? I am finally recovering from the permanent drool from last time I was out there.....You guys know how to play with rimfire!!

Is Darryl around that weekend?

Missyb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Lol you don't think he's going to let me show off all his toys do you? Yes Dad/ Daryll/ Tophat will be setting up the shotgun stations. Oh, and I guess he might shoot a bit too:-)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom