Ok INGO! Help a Brother out by finding a Canik TP-9SA & your thoughts on it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have seen the YouTube ads / reviews / etc and want to buy a TP-9SA. This is the newer version (virgin?) with the Glockazoid-like striker fire aseembly that fires 5 bajillion bullets per minute (5bbpm). Problem is finding one from a local source and what do you guys and gals think of the new platform? MSRP is less then $400.00. I gotta run one...

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I am interested in it too, however, I have a reservation. Hopefully, I am wrong about this, but it is my understanding that they kept the decocker even though they changed it to single action? If so, I don't understand the logic in that, particularly considering it is striker fired.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It is a striker fired gun so it does not have a decocker. I just read some reviews and looked at some photos. It looks about like the gun it is cloned from.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    I read at either guns.com or thetruthaboutguns.com that it is slated for release on the 14th of this month. It appears that they made some favorable cosmetic as well as mechanical upgrades to this firearm.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    what other brand of mags will fit this pistol?

Gonna go WAY out on a limb and suggest that the SW99 and P99 mags. And whatever mags from Kahr's period of time they had the license (The name of the actual company producing it escapes me at the moment.

They're all copies / clones of the Walther P99.

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    Gonna go WAY out on a limb and suggest that the SW99 and P99 mags. And whatever mags from Kahr's period of time they had the license (The name of the actual company producing it escapes me at the moment.

They're all copies / clones of the Walther P99.

They use the Beretta m9 mags...

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Staggering amount of missinformation here... But then again, this is INGO, and the gun in question is neither a Glock or a 1911.

The TP9 series has a lot of significant mechanical differences from the Walther P99. The trigger mechanism is its own animal, and not coppied from anything. It is not a clone - the resemblance is cosmetic.

The old version was already a phenominal gun that could hold its own against ANY current service pistol on the market. I'm curious to see how they 'improved' it, and what they consider and upgrade.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield

The old version was already a phenominal gun that could hold its own against ANY current service pistol on the market. I'm curious to see how they 'improved' it, and what they consider and upgrade.
    While I agree that it is a phenomenal value, that trigger break is the hardest I've ever encountered; it feels like you have to push it into the handle to get it to fire. If they moved that break a 1/16th of an inch from the back it would improve immensely, IMO.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Top Bottom