• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We went out to the farm today to put some minerals out for the deer. I took my new flying camera with me to test it out. We were curious how deer and turkey would react to it. I was a little surprised at how spooked the deer were considering how little noise the drone makes at the altitude I had it. The turkey were much more tolerant, they were a lot less spooked by it than they would have been had we walked in on them.

Should be able to get some pretty cool footage with this thing once I get the hang of flying it and get the camera settings figure out. It looks a lot better if you watch it in HD.

[video=youtube;4w2aUi6eFmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w2aUi6eFmQ[/video]

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I did fly it through the bridge. That's a testament to how user friendly the DJI Phantom 4 is and not to my skill. I just got it Tuesday and had zero experience flying one before I bought it. The amount of technology they pack into these things is pretty amazing for the money. 4K video, 12mp still pics, GPS, stabilizing gimbal, auto return to home, etc.. I'm very pleased with it so far.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We went out to the farm today to put some minerals out for the deer. I took my new flying camera with me to test it out. We were curious how deer and turkey would react to it. I was a little surprised at how spooked the deer were considering how little noise the drone makes at the altitude I had it. The turkey were much more tolerant, they were a lot less spooked by it than they would have been had we walked in on them.

Should be able to get some pretty cool footage was this thing once I get the hang of flying it and get the camera settings figure out. It looks a lot better if you watch it in HD.

Dude, yer making me want to spend money. That looked pretty awesome.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    With the phantom 4's being release, the phantom 3's are dropping in price quick. I am going to have to pick up one. I love the video! Keep posting them :)

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Loved the video phylo. If that was the first time you've flown it and taken video with it I can hardly wait to see the videos when you become proficient with it. Nice work with it.

Does it also have 'follow me' and 'return to home' modes too?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So did you opt for the boner drone accessory, or is that option only available for direct sale to LE agencies?

Wait just a damned minute! Can we see a receipt for this? I think you took the IMPD boner drone out for some joyriding!
    (Its cool with me, everyone needs a hobby. Just make sure you dont fly it for more than 4 hours or you'll have to go see HoosierDoc.)

:lmfao:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Does it also have 'follow me' and 'return to home' modes too?

It does indeed. It also has collision avoidance, ground sonar and "Tap to Fly" mode where you touch a spot on the screen and it flies to it. Pretty impressive technology for the price.

So did you opt for the boner drone accessory, or is that option only available for direct sale to LE agencies?

Wait just a damned minute! Can we see a receipt for this? I think you took the IMPD boner drone out for some joyriding!
    (Its cool with me, everyone needs a hobby. Just make sure you dont fly it for more than 4 hours or you'll have to go see HoosierDoc.)

:lmfao:

Thankfully the batteries only last slightly over 20 minutes :):

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Impressive Phylo. INGO always seems to help my wallet shrink a little. :):

Took some intestinal fortitude to fly thru the bridge...

Very nice...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    ...but did you register it with the FAA?!?!?!?!

(what a stupid requirement, btw)

I did, I affixed the number to the inside of the battery compartment. I'm hoping they'll get the stupid rule changed about needing a pilot's license for commercial use. I can't really use it for what I intended until they do. I suspect you don't share that concern :)

One thing I am curious about is the NFZ's. I'm within 5 miles of the Mt Comfort airport, a little over 3 if Google Earth is accurate, but I don't get any warnings or anything when I fly it here at the house. Since all flight data gets updated to DJI and apparently shared with the FAA I'm guessing I'll get a call if there is a concern.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    As far as I'm concerned, small RPAs should not be able to operate above above 100' AGL within 1nm of an aerodrome, or above 500' within 3nm of an aerodrome.

Outside those limits, I don't care.

I just don't want to be on a one mile final at 300' in a 300k lb airplane and have a quadcopter go zipping past me...

Top Bottom