• IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The flight down there..

DSCF0011.jpg

and the chinook flight to the superdome...

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

It was immidiatly evident the filth people were living in.

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

the inside of the superdome was deemed unsanitary (condemned) so the remaining people who were waiting for evacuation were forced to wait outside....

DSCF0050.jpg

we then went through the superdome to make sure everybody was out since the lines for the buses were getting really short..... the inside of the superdome had the NASTIEST stench you could imagine..... and was trashed... everydoor was kicked down and thousands of dollars of booz were looted.... there was standing urine in places and feces in piles in the middle of the hallways... feces was also stacked about 6 inches about every toilet since the toilets could not be flushed... rotten food was everywhere.... there were many bodies left behind in the Superdome.... here are a few choice pictures just to give you an idea....

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

I was detailed to guard the ambulances since there was a problem with people trying to force their way in so they could steel the narcotics.

DSCF0120.jpg

Here is the aftermath of the evacuation at the superdome.

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

and a view from my concrete bed at the superdome.

DSCF0136.jpg

We then moved to a differant part of the city to aid in rescue, and prevent looting in Jefferson Parish. Here are some photo's from the trip there.... we ended up sleeping 150 guys on a basketball court.... this is where i spent the rest of my time... i had two sets of uniforms 3 pairs of underwear 3 pairs of socks, and 2 pairs of boots.... it was around 100 degrees and humidity was unbearable.... we crapped into MRE bags, and Pissed into our waterbottles which were stored in an empty boat... we had no toilet paper... it would be 27 days before i had my first shower.... i averaged 3 -5 hours of sleep per 24 hour period.

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

DSCF0201.jpg

This following pic was an assisted care facility, we pulled several bodies out of here.

DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0216.jpg

this is my favorite photo from down there.... these boats were on an overpass!!!

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

all of the following horses died within 6 hours of this photo being taken.... they had been drinking the K-water.... guys in my unit had to drag the horses away so they wouldnt decompose near our living area.

DSCF0244.jpg

Where the water had recieded there were plenty of rotting fish.

DSCF0258.jpg

DSCF0262.jpg

A car dealership

DSCF0300.jpg

unbelievable damage from the winds.

DSCF0304.jpg

We then commadiered a boat to try and get to the hard to reach places where the water was so deep that a 5 ton truck couldnt reach.... we found no humans alive... we did make two rescues though.

DSCF0307.jpg

DSCF0314.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

DSCF0324.jpg

This was my new best friend, until the SPCA (i think that was the org.) came and put both dogs to sleep.... the larger of the two had bumps all over it from insect bites or something... it was nasty....

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0343.jpg

Our first rescue.... unfortunatly she was forced to stay by her son... her son was gone when we found her, and when we went back later to try and find her son their was gasoline poured on the inside of the residence, a propane bottle leaking and what appeared to be a flare attached to the door.... we would find out later that grannies social security checks is what this guy was living off of, we later arrested him with a plasma tv in a wheelbarrel, along with hundreds of pieces of jewelry, a large amount of cocaine, and three or four stolen firearms.....

DSCF0358.jpg

We continued our search however finding survivers was no longer our goal.... we had switched into recovery mode.... every house, every apartment was checked, at least the the degree of cracking a window or something to smell for death to try and find the remains of the victims.... we ran out of body bags before finding this poor soul... so we guarded it to keep the dogs and birds from eating the corpse.... it would be 12 hours before we finally decided to break into an apartment and steel a sheet.... this would be the breaking point for most of us and we were sent home not a whole lot later.... to this day i do not know whether this person was white, black, male or female, but this was a common sight....

DSCF0394.jpg

DSCF0393.jpg

We then were sent to a naval ship to shower, and then to an airport to be picked up by a small plane..... while there i took a picture of the nastiest spider i have ever seen with my own eyes.... and another picture of some hurricane damage.

DSCF0419.jpg

DSCF0418.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Even dogs know you don't pee and poop where you sleep. I think the name animal for these people is insulting to animals. One thing you are always taught in the Army is to continually improve your position. Why couldn't these lazy slobs set up trash points and burn this stuff as it piled up?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Even dogs know you don't pee and poop where you sleep. I think the name animal for these people is insulting to animals. One thing you are always taught in the Army is to continually improve your position. Why couldn't these lazy slobs set up trash points and burn this stuff as it piled up?

i do not know, but i couldnt agree with you more... there was even a toliet that was removed from the restroom and carried onto the football field.... there was a metric TON of intentional vanalism in the superdome.... most of the people we were dealing with were NOT pleasant people by any means, and we were already on edge.... i really thought it was a matter of when i got shot, not if.....
    the only positive memory i have from the superdome days is when myself and a teammate tackled a guy as he attmempted to burn an american flag in front of us soldiers.... he called us baby killers.... i still have that flag today. that WAS a violation of the constitution because he has freedom of speech, yet i challenge anyone to tell me that protecting the honor of the flag was the wrong decision.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Most of these people are like those who riot after ther city's team wins a championship. They couldn't care less about the team. They just see oppurtunity. This mess will be nation wide if we ever have a disaster or event that affects the whole country. It will be in every major city and will spill out to rural areas once everything in the cities are gone. If you plan on keeping what you have, you better start stockpiling ammo and be ready to use it.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks for putting these up. And I am glad you were able to help and proud you were willing to put things back straight.

And I hope those that did wrong, terrible wrong, will meet their justice sooner if not later.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    WOW!

Out of respect for this forum and it's members I will keep my feelings and comments about the people you had to defend and help to myself.

If we ever meet I owe you a drink getting the pictures and story from somebody who was there doing and not just what the media presented us is truly moving.

I fear for what will become of this country when (if) there is a major upset whether natural or economical.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    :yesway: for your service :patriot:

Great photos of a dark time for you and our great nation. Having good friends who lived in NOLA and the immediate area has given me a little insight into this terrible happening. NOLA has and probably always will be a cesspool of corruption and Diversity at it's worst. Good people were caught up in a travesty of inaction and poor decisions by their electorate and sworn officials. The upside is that the aware populace now sees what our protectors and government are capable of and hopefully have made their own preparations in the event of a weather or man made disaster. The Ninth Ward was nothing like anyone in Central Indiana has experienced before.

The down side is that our government and elected officials haven't learned anything and will react the very same way with little regard to our constitutional and civil rights and we must be responsible for our selves. Prepare, train, gather with like minded neighbors and friends for such an emergency.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The flight down there..

DSCF0011.jpg

It was immidiatly evident the filth people were living in.

the inside of the superdome was deemed unsanitary (condemned) so the remaining people who were waiting for evacuation were forced to wait outside....

DSCF0050.jpg

I was detailed to guard the ambulances since there was a problem with people trying to force their way in so they could steel the narcotics.

DSCF0120.jpg

Aside from how quickly the general public will turn feral when left to their own devices, I'm noticing a preponderonce of what are apparently 12 gauge shotguns. Is this representative of the situation? It appears to me when the SHTF in an urban civilian populated area the guys with a choice of anything in the store leaned heavily on 12 gauge shotguns to remain in the position of authority.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The issue wasnt neccessarily survival... it was the escalation of force and rules of engagement.... 3 out of 4 had shotguns with 00 buck.... the fourth had an m4... this would control overpenetration.... most of us went back to m4's once we left the dome however we always had a few shotgunners..... on NCO got charged by a pit bull and fired the m4 7 times... 3 hit the dog and it still bit him... a 12 quickly dispatched the dog.... choosing the 12g was not a personal choice rather a decision made by someone WAY higher on the todem pole

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So knowing every thing you know now, being handed orders to perform the exact mission again next Monday morning with the stipulation you will be carrying every single thing you will need for this 27 day assignment in one trip to load up. When the plane lands pick up your kit and get on, no walking back for the rest. You are going in to the exact same enviroment, same ability to resupply, same jobs you had here.

You go to stores and get what ever you want.

What would you be carrying to the plane?

Nothing like hearing it from someone who stood in the middle of SHTF and survived it. Those are the guys I'm going to imitate. I'm a firm believer in not trying to outsmart success.

Top Bottom