• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is a good thing he turned it in. That rifle could have gotten up and shot all the kids in the nearby daycare!!!

I wonder if someone is going to lose their job over this error?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I showed this to the wife. I can't wait to go to TV shopping tonight... darnit honey... they did it to me too....

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    "Army-style assault rifle" :rolleyes:

"Clearly, it's a dangerous situation in America when assault weapons are so prevalent and can so easily end up in the wrong hands, especially given that the rifle was left on the doorstep. Thank goodness, Mr. Horvitz and his wife alerted the Metropolitan police right away. This mishap could have led to another tragedy."

:facepalm:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I showed this to the wife. I can't wait to go to TV shopping tonight... darnit honey... they did it to me too....

I'm not showing this story to my wife...I think I can finally make my next gun purchase....Oh, and a new TV too.:D

Crocodator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Hancock County
    And of course the article closes with a quote from a rep of the Brady campaign, and no quotes from anyone else with a balancing perspective. Because when there is a shipping error involving a gun, clearly that is a barely-prevented tragedy.

(I'm new here, but that gets purple, right?)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A gun shipped directly to a private home and not an FFL. Who is minding the store.....oh, the Spanish translation was not clear for the warehouse order picker and the dock worker.
    Every time I get something shipped the order picked by is a Spanish name. Not a knock but WTF

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    DC man orders television online, receives rifle in mail instead - DC Breaking Local News Weather Sports FOX 5 WTTG

...then call the police and give up said rifle because you're a leftist nancy that is scared by big, bad rifles.

I would have gladly accepted that boo-boo.

Give the guy a break. If he would have kept the rifle he would become a felon as DC has laws against those type of rifle. He should count himself lucky that we are not like the UK yet in whoch some guy found a shotgun near the garbage can, called the police about it and got arrested for possession of the firearm!

:(

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    DC man orders television online, receives rifle in mail instead - DC Breaking Local News Weather Sports FOX 5 WTTG

...then call the police and give up said rifle because you're a leftist nancy that is scared by big, bad rifles.

I would have gladly accepted that boo-boo.
    Except you're missing the fact that "assault rifles" are banned in the District and possession will get you thrown under the jail. Anywhere in the sane states, it wouldn't be a problem, (except maybe Chicago or SF). The guy did the right thing to preserve his life and freedom. Anything else could have resulted in a nice prison term for him. Doesn't make him a nancy at all, just someone who knows the rules where he lives.

Top Bottom