• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think that if someone wants to fly the Mexican flag above an American flag they have every right to do so. In Mexico.

unfortunately there are no penalties for improperly displaying the flag.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think that if someone wants to fly the Mexican flag above an American flag they have every right to do so. In Mexico.

actually, it IS illegal.

4 USC § 7 - Position and manner of display | Title 4 - Flag and Seal, Seat Of Government, and The States | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

"No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, ..."

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    It is never okay to fly the flag of ANY nation above that of ANY other nation. If more than one National flag is to be flown, they MUST be of the same height, and the same size.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, I understand he was upset . . . but considering that some of the Mexican people here have . . . a less than optimal level of education, I don't think I would subscribe malice to their intent.

(My chips are on the "they did not understand what the fuss was about").

In West Lafayette on Salisbury (one of the main drags), a home owner flys the French flag below the U.S. flag. To this day I do not know if they mean it as an insult to the French or they are just proud of their heritage and do not understand that it is an insult.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's old stuff.I remember we had a thread about the same thing a while back.
    I dont actually think it's illegal to fly a foreign flag above the US flag.Against the flag code but not illegal.
    First this guy (the guy who removed it with a knife) showed no respect to the Mexican flag and expected them to respect the US flag?
    Then he steals a US flag?
    I think in that case you should educate the owner of the flag on the proper way to display two national flags next to eachother (on two different poles at the same height and not one above the other) and not steal one and show no respect for the other.
    Now those people are probably only flying the Mexican flag on that pole.
    If you talked to them instead of stealing their flag they would probably have both flags properly displayed right now.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    In West Lafayette on Salisbury (one of the main drags), a home owner flys the French flag below the U.S. flag. To this day I do not know if they mean it as an insult to the French or they are just proud of their heritage and do not understand that it is an insult.

Most people have no idea how incredibly insulting that is. I see it all the time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's old stuff.I remember we had a thread about the same thing a while back.
    I dont actually think it's illegal to fly a foreign flag above the US flag.Against the flag code but not illegal.
    First this guy (the guy who removed it with a knife) showed no respect to the Mexican flag and expected them to respect the US flag?
    Then he steals a US flag?
    I think in that case you should educate the owner of the flag on the proper way to display two national flags next to eachother (on two different poles at the same height and not one above the other) and not steal one and show no respect for the other.
    Now those people are probably only flying the Mexican flag on that pole.
    If you talked to them instead of stealing their flag they would probably have both flags properly displayed right now.

Yeah, I agree with his frustration, I dont agree with the method. ESPECIALLY not thievery by walking off with their property. I think unclipping their flag and re-hoisting Old Glory, leaving theirs on the ground would have been offensive enough to get the point across. ( cant see the video enough to know if unclipping was even possible so this may have been his only choice)

If it were in Minnesota somebody would have politely run the flags down, switched positions, and then delivered the statute to the owner in spanish so they would understand. LOL

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, I understand he was upset . . . but considering that some of the Mexican people here have . . . a less than optimal level of education, I don't think I would subscribe malice to their intent.

Bastards! :):

I saw the same thing around here.A US flag with a French flag under it.I didn't steal the French flag because it was not displayed properly, and I didn't throw the US flag on the ground either.
    People have the right to do whatever they want even if it's not "right".This person probably loves both countries (it was around D-Day) and only has one single flag pole. :dunno:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

What do you think the penalty ought to be?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    But it's ok to burn the flag if you want?

It's how you retire it so yeah.

Yeah, I agree with his frustration, I dont agree with the method. ESPECIALLY not thievery by walking off with their property. I think unclipping their flag and re-hoisting Old Glory, leaving theirs on the ground would have been offensive enough to get the point across. ( cant see the video enough to know if unclipping was even possible so this may have been his only choice)

If it were in Minnesota somebody would have politely run the flags down, switched positions, and then delivered the statute to the owner in spanish so they would understand. LOL

It's wrong to get your point across by showing no respect for their flag, especially when you dont know if they did it on purpose or not.

What is an American citizen leaves his US flag outside at night, with no lights?
    Your first thought wouldn't be to go steal their flag at night but probably to tell them that they either need to add a light or take it down in the evening.

Also it's funny how some people get shocked by this (Mexican flag above US flag) but have no problems with "patriots" who fly the US flag upside down on purpose.

Just my two cents.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

At least he's not flying the French flag upside down. That would be a sign of surrender, n'est-ce pas?

Top Bottom