Disposable rubber gloves for gun cleaning, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Anyone have a recommendation on quality disposable rubber gloves for gun cleaning?

If I was just running a patch through them, I wouldn't bother, but Miguel Jr and I are going to do some field stripping and cleaning on a number of items this weekend and I don't want us to soak in Hoppe's 9 all day, despite my love for that odor. Every time I buy rubber gloves they tear just putting them on!

p.s. I have a sissy weekday job so I can't just man up and get 'em dirty and raw, so no ***** slapping me about this... :laugh:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Multi color nitrile gloves sold anywhere from Wal-Mart to Walgreens in many sizes should fit your need(s), they even make some if you are allergic to the nitrile.

Where do you live, and what size do you need maybe I can help you out?

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I use the ones I get from Harbor Freight. I've never had them rip. They have a few different thicknesses and sizes and are usually pretty cheap.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Don't use latex. The solvents will eat them up pretty quickly. After 40 years I have finally stopped using Hoppe's. For detail cleaning, I use one of those Orange citrus cleaners.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have been buying raven black gloves from Amazon. They tend to tear less than harbor freight gloves. Though Hf is fine for light use

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I use nitrile gloves for most any kind of hands dirty job. Auto work, car washing, food prep, fish cleaning, field dressing, butchering, meat handling, a number of gun/reloading related things, especially burnt powder/lead related stuff.

Why not take off the mess, stink, stain, toxins when you are done? I keep boxes of them on hand. Also have been made fun of for washing my hands with the gloves still on then hanging them up to dry for reuse (appropriately.)

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Vinyl gloves tend to be sturdier but nitrile have a better feel for small parts.

I bring pants pockets full of gloves home from work everyday....

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I use gloves now that my hands break out and get really dry after the many years of letting them soak in solvent and clp while I was in the service. My hands finally said no more we quit.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I buy the nitrile gloves in a box about the size of a tissue box from Harbor Freight. They run a little small so buy a large enough size. They work great for painting, staining, and solvent use.

Top Bottom