• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Who can name these seven western TV stars from yesterday? They are all familiar to me but sadly after 50 or so years the memories are fading just a little.

14188635_676892329129967_5913669010565735291_o.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Who can name these seven western TV stars from yesterday? They are all familiar to me but sadly after 50 or so years the memories are fading just a little.

View attachment 49967

From left to right..

Will Hutchins, Peter Brown, Ty Hardin, Jack Kelly, James Garner, Wade Preston, and John Russell...Note Peter Brown's trousers beneath his holster...Looks like a blank load cooked off before he cleared leather...

(I have the book "Peacemakers" here in the shop and this photo, along with the info above was in it...)

I mean I am old but not Churchmouse old...:)

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    James Garner is the only one I could pick out. I'm 32, I didn't have many westerns to grow up on, except Tombstone, which is amazing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    No Smith and Wessons in the line up Leadeye...What's up with that????:)

All Colt SAA. Modern westerns seem to have a larger variety of guns including the nearly forgotten conversions of the Colt 1851 and 1860, or 1858 Remington. Smith Schofields made an appearance in 310 to Yuma.

There's also Robert Duvall whacking the bartender in Lonesome Dove with his Walker.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    i should have said new westerns to grow up on...I was like 2 when lonesome dove came out! And isn't 3:10 to Yuma from the 50's? We didn't really have actors I would classify as "western actors"

Brisco County Jr. was on in 93/94...very short lived but very good IMO...Da**ed Fox..wouldn't know a good show if it kicked them in the a...:soapbox:?

3:10 to Yuma was remade recently. I liked the remake, but never saw the origional.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Kids.
    A six shooter in the westerns used to be good for at least 12 rounds, horses never got shot somehow, and all indians Whooped it up with bad make up.
    I'm from a VERY SMALL town. Saturday mornings we'ed all go into town and mom would give each of us kids a quarter. For that quarter we could go see an old western, get an RC Cola or Nehi grape or orange, etc, and a treat. I liked the old Moon Pie or Peanuts in the bag we could put in our Coke.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

View attachment 49967

From left to right..

Will Hutchins, Peter Brown, Ty Hardin, Jack Kelly, James Garner, Wade Preston, and John Russell...Note Peter Brown's trousers beneath his holster...Looks like a blank load cooked off before he cleared leather...

(I have the book "Peacemakers" here in the shop and this photo, along with the info above was in it...)

I mean I am old but not Churchmouse old...:)

I got 2 the Maverick brothers. Jack Kelley is the third from right.

My favorites were Rawhide, Have Gun Will Travel and the Rifleman.

EDIT: Of course any John Wayne movie.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    When I had Sirius/XM I loved to listen to the old radio westerns on 82. Gunsmoke, voiced by William Conrad as Matt, was my favorite. Also loved Jimmy Stewarts 'The Six Shooter'

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;L6aNzFYHyz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aNzFYHyz8[/video]

[video=youtube;ddFqDq8LyKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddFqDq8LyKI[/video]

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    When I was a minnow, my favorites were Nick Adams in "The Rebel," and Richard Boone in "Have Gun Will Travel." And I can't forget "The Rifleman."

I received a birthday present way back when that consisted of a toy derringer and holster, along with a plastic "wallet" that held a bunch of the "Have Gun Will Travel" business cards complete with the Paladin logo........... My pre school self thought that was pretty awesome.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah, and in those days you could take it to school for show and tell and out to the playground.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We didn't really have actors I would classify as "western actors"

Oh Really???? :)

1b154bc344ebae1c05c788eebd1057e7.jpg

4e27640d9fd3ec6fe70c89eb1f4f8fac.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

lebowski-meme.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom