• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Hi guys,I am a older member and have a problem,not into computers or fancy cell phones,if I can make a phone call and text on my phone I am happy.I am sure that I am not the only one , who thinks that putting pictures on here is a big project, or IMPOSSIBLE,I cant do it. I dont know what uploading is,or downloading is.I dont know what paste and post is about either.I dont know what photo bucket is or how to get it,or what it does .Cut to the chase, COULD THE PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE KNOW,MAKE IT EASIER FOR US TO POST PICTURES ? I have been wanting to sell a gun but cant because it is TOO confusing.I talked to other members online that are saying the same thing. TO BE QUITE HONEST I DONT KNOW IF IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE.Can you take a cell phone picture and put it on computer somehow wirelessly ? MAYBE WE CAN MAKE PICTURES OPTIONAL ?:(

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hi guys,I am a older member and have a problem,not into computers or fancy cell phones,if I can make a phone call and text on my phone I am happy.I am sure that I am not the only one , who thinks that putting pictures on here is a big project,I dont know what uploading is,or downloading is.I dont know what paste and post is about either.I dont know what photo bucket is or how to get it,or what it does .Cut to the chase, COULD THE PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE KNOW,MAKE IT EASIER FOR US TO POST PICTURES ? I have been wanting to sell a gun but cant because it is TOO confusing.I talked to other members online that are saying the same thing. TO BE QUITE HONEST I DONT KNOW IF IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE.Can you take a cell phone picture and put it on computer somehow wirelessly ? MAYBE WE CAN MAKE PICTURES OPTIONAL ?:(

I do this all the time.
    Take the pic. Send it to your e-mail account. Down load it to the computer.
    You will need an off site storage place such as PhotoBucket, TinyPic, etc.
    Use that to get the pic. It is very easy if you follow the prompts.
    Takes me about 5 minutes from snap to Forum.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you just have a couple items to sell and arent going to be posting item, after item, after item like its a second source of income, there are more savvy members here that will help post those couple of pictures to get you over the hump and get that item listed.

The mandatory picture rule is less than a year old. Not going away anytime soon (if ever).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you just have a couple items to sell and arent going to be posting item, after item, after item like its a second source of income, there are more savvy members here that will help post those couple of pictures to get you over the hump and get that item listed.

The mandatory picture rule is less than a year old. Not going away anytime soon (if ever).

Never going away.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    What churchmouse justed posted was all jibberish to me,dont know how to send picture to e-mail account,where is e-mail account? PHOTO BUCKET I DONT HAVE A CLUE,WHERE THAT WOULD EVEN BE ?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Never going away.

And shouldn't go away. This is a forum, on the internet. Learning to do simple technical things like this is not hard. Like CM said, you can take a pic with your phone, or with a camera. Once done, get it on your computer, either by using the phone camera menu to send it to your email, or by connecting the phone or camera to your computer with a USB cable (came with your phone or camera) and letting Windows import the photos to a folder. If you used email, you need to save the photo in the email to your hard drive (C: drive, D: drive, or whatever). Use a hosting site like photobucket, which walks you through selecting the picture or pictures you just saved on your hard drive and uploading it to the site. Once done, there is a link on the right, when you open and view the photo on the site, that you put into your post. It looks daunting to some, but once you've done it a few times it really is pretty easy.

If it's too tough, find a kid or grand kid to help you with it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Dan, do you know how to send a picture in a text message? Usually after you take the picture on your phone, you can tap on the picture and it will say "share" or something like that, and if you say "messaging" or "in a message" you can text it. If you are able to do that, I can give you my number in a private message.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do this all the time.
    Take the pic. Send it to your e-mail account. Down load it to the computer.
    You will need an off site storage place such as PhotoBucket, TinyPic, etc.
    Use that to get the pic. It is very easy if you follow the prompts.
    Takes me about 5 minutes from snap to Forum.
    Easy for you young whippersnappers :D

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dan, I feel your pain. I too would like to have an easier way to post pictures on this forum. It is easy for some that grew up with computies, but for us guys that have some seniority in this world it is not so easy. You are not alone brother.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Dan, I feel your pain. I too would like to have an easier way to post pictures on this forum. It is easy for some that grew up with computies, but for us guys that have some seniority in this world it is not so easy. You are not alone brother.

Amen to that^
    It's all good though. There are other places to sell goods...

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Maybe I am missing something, but if photos are required, why not let this forum host them?
    The software is capable, it would just mean more storage.

Test using this forum as the host:

1001018_1676971592565476_4392890972495983265_n.png

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe I am missing something, but if photos are required, why not let this forum host them?
    The software is capable, it would just mean more storage.

Test using this forum as the host:

View attachment 46495

Are YOU going to buy the storage for Fenway? For a mostly free site, I dont blame him. There are all KINDS of headaches with adding more storage to a server like this. Its much easier to let us use our own photobuckets and similar sites to share pics.

If you REALLY want to sell that gizmo, its worth taking the time to learn. Its not rocket surgery. If its not worth taking the time, its not worth selling I guess. :dunno:

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Its much easier to let us use our own photobuckets and similar sites to share pics.

:dunno:

Apparently, for some members it is not easier....

Storage is cheap.

Personally, I don't really use the classifieds, and I am more than capable of using off site storage.
    But for technically challenged members, it could be an option.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It behooves anyone who may someday want to sell something online to learn to get the picture they take from their phone or camera, to their computer, to an online hosting site. The link I posted above leads to a thread on the forum that offers very good help with hosting the picture and then getting it into your ad. It's hard to give specific advice on getting the picture onto the computer without knowing what device is being used to take the picture.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Apparently, for some members it is not easier....

Storage is cheap.

Personally, I don't really use the classifieds, and I am more than capable of using off site storage.
    But for technically challenged members, it could be an option.

hard drives on Amazon are cheap. Web host storage is not. There is soooo much more to web server storage than just slapping a couple $60 hard drives on it.

ETA: Hosting companies charge for processing power, as well as drive space on the SAN. (and THOSE drives arent cheap) You are charged for the amount of space you occupy every month. Plus any backups require several times the actual used storage, so you have that too. So yes, storage is cheap, but when its at a hosting provider, odds are you are "buying" that cheap storage over and over every month, not just one time like your PC at home.

I'm sure Fenway could host all of our big fat pics here for us. But dont expect it to stay a free site for long if he were to choose to go down that road.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom