Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Hope this isn't a dupe.

Video: Utah man fatally shot after attacking cop, dozens protest shooting

Apparently the camera was damaged or dislodged and didn't record the shooting. Despite the recording, protestors and rhetorical flourishes.

Summer Osburn, a defense lawyer who met Barker 20 years ago while they were students at Brigham Young University, said she's frustrated by the number of cases involving police use of deadly force and was shocked by her friend's death.
    "This is basically an execution," she told KUTV. "Full of life, full of love, that was James."
    Ron Lee, a friend and neighbor of Barker, described him as a "kind" and "normal guy" who showed "absolutely no aggressiveness" during the years he had known him. He said he was surprised someone called police because he never knew Barker to be suspicious.
    "I just can't understand how a man would be shot," he told the Deseret News.

“I didn't see a shovel,” said Rich Grow. “I didn't see anyone attacking anyone. But I did see one fellow chasing another fellow and they landed on the lawn and wrestled around and within a few seconds he pulled out his gun and shot him.”

“The death penalty was administered against James yesterday for a crime that didn’t exist,” said Osburn. “He didn’t commit any crime.”

Yeah. Eyewitnesses are so reliable. The fictive shovel, or a shadow thereof, is plainly visible in the video.

“A shovel or no shovel, the problem in this country the first response from police is to execute somebody,” said Osburn.

Yes, that is clearly what happened Ms Osburn.

Hands up, don't shoot!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    And because he was asked his name he attacked a police officer. How did he think that was going to end?!?! He must have been wanted for something serious or severely mentally deficient.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    He was shoveling snow that wasn't there. That is so much smarter, not to mention easier on the back.

I need a job like that. I hear a position just opened up.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Someone is beating me with a snow shovel? Yep, he's getting shot!! What amazes me is how calm the police officer is especially after that a__hole starts going off the deep end on him. I'd say that police officer is fortunate to have survived.

Justified shooting? 100% YES!

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    If the homeowner had confronted this dude on his porch, would the shooting have been clean?

I'm no LEO but I saw the signs of that cat getting more and more aggressive. I would have backed off way before the shovel was raised.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So he showed "absolutely no aggressiveness"..... except for getting in the LEO's face, shouting at him, and then attacking him with a shovel

Top Bottom