• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll start.

Telling someone to "Make sure the safety is off" on a Glock - (Source: Walking Dead)

Brandishing a SAO (or 1911)-type gun with the hammer obviously down - (Many sources, but here's one)

Unlimited Ammo - (Many sources, but here's one)

Every single gun makes the "CHK-CHK" sound like a pump shotgun

Gaming - Tossing away half-fired magazines, but your ammo doesn't reflect what you threw away

Gaming - The chambered round is rarely counted on your "current ammo left in mag" counter

Gaming - Doesn't cycle the action/forward-assist after reload (Counter-strike does this, for one)

Guns rarely, if ever, jam

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    It's a minor pet peeve of mine, but in many movies cops always draw their guns and then chamber a round. That, and suppressors can literally silence any gun to the point that someone right next to you wouldn't even hear it.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    As for gaming, the ones that I've played, Battlefield: bad company 2, medal of honor and Crysis 2 have the chambered rond is counted if you reload half empty.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Can't stand the infinite ammo either, especially when applied to revolvers.

I was watching an old 1950s cowboy show on Netflix the other day and both the good guy and bad guy must have fired at least 30 consecutive shots from their six-shooters.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    My fav is the concept that you can fire unlimited bullets with the gun next to your head and never once suffer a bit of hearing problems int he next two or three minutes.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Firing guns from inside a small space or car, yeah... they really don't represent the concussive force of that very well.

Walking Dead actually got this one right... When Rick was in the tank in an early episode and fired it, he practically knocked himself out from the shot

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Racking the slide, inserting magazine, firing...

That incident was on The Big Bang Theory.

The Big Bang Theory Shooting Range Negligent Discharge

guy takes girl to gun range on date, acts over confident and shoots himself in the foot.
    Watched this with my overly liberal GF who I've been trying to get her to go to the range with me. Soon as it happened, she looks at me and says "See what happens". Ignorance is such an evil monster to fight.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Finger on the trigger while not making a shot or shooting. It, and other violations of safety rules, make me squirm.

Hitting the target, especially on really difficult shots, even with a handgun one-handed.

Dying instantly upon being shot in the torso by a pistol.

Finger on the trigger.

Hannibal being able to take out and reinsert the firing pin in seconds (The A-Team, the movie that raped the original)

Finger on the trigger.

I'm OK with unlimited ammo. What, you mean you don't have some of those magazines, too?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One that I see ALL THE TIME is a 5-10 minute tense situation between an antagonist and protagonist... Guns have been out and pointed the entire time... but after saying some magnificent line, THEN and only THEN the character pulls the hammer back, or puts a round in the chamber.

Like... come on. That entire tense conversation you had, you were just 100% sure neither of you would fire on each other, yeah?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One that I see ALL THE TIME is a 5-10 minute tense situation between an antagonist and protagonist... Guns have been out and pointed the entire time... but after saying some magnificent line, THEN and only THEN the character pulls the hammer back, or puts a round in the chamber.

Like... come on. That entire tense conversation you had, you were just 100% sure neither of you would fire on each other, yeah?

Dramatic effect. It does suck.

Same with someone hold a DA semi on someone and doing the dramatic hammer cock.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I watched a movie where every time someone would unholster their gun, it would make the slide racking sound.

I do hate the shotgun pumping. Bugs the hell out of me. Why even carry the gun if you're not gonna load it until after the enemy is right in front of you?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh man, there's a funny video out there somewhere, I'm looking for it...

It's just like a movie standoff between a bunch of people, and all it is is everyone cocking their guns over and over at each other.

Top Bottom