• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Think it depends who owns and operates it. If the county runs it your GTG. If say the 4H owns and runs it it's essentially private property so they can say 'no guns.'

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Even if the 4H runs it and posts no-guns signs, concealed is concealed. You aren't breaking the law unless they ask you to leave and you refuse.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Private Corp runs it. They can ask you to leave and have done so to people on occasion in the past.

There is no special law concerning it though.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    Think it depends who owns and operates it. If the county runs it your GTG. If say the 4H owns and runs it it's essentially private property so they can say 'no guns.'

4H wouldn't own/run any fair grounds.

Quite a few counties have 4H shooting sports, but meet at a range for competition.

indiana36Bravo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Boone/Tipp. Countys
    Most are county property, so you usually can't if your county has "County Property gun free zones" trust me I work at one and had a fight with one of your deputies when he told me at an event that a guy was carrying and shouldn't be and i told him to leave him alone.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    How can a county restrict carry? We have state preemption that doesn't allow for local municipalities restricting carry, ownership, yada yada

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Most are county property, so you usually can't if your county has "County Property gun free zones" trust me I work at one and had a fight with one of your deputies when he told me at an event that a guy was carrying and shouldn't be and i told him to leave him alone.

We have state preemption.
    This means that any local laws that are more restrictive than state law are automatically void.
    You are not breaking the law unless you get yourself into a trespass situation.

Top Bottom