• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Porter County fair is a GFZ. Conceal if you go. It is not against the law, but it is against the rules. Or it has been in the past. It is run by a private entity, so they can get away with it.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So the county fair is not run by the county. Seems like they should change the name. And yeah why is the state fair like that. Seems odd to me to name one fair as no gun. Thanks for the heads up.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The State Fair is excluded by Indiana Code.

Minor niggle:

It's verboten at the State Fair due to the State Fair Commission being granted permission to draft their own codes, while the State Fair is in session, in the Indiana Administrative Code.

That code provides for explusion from the grounds and/or confiscation of the gun. I think there's been discussion here about how the IAC doesn't go into the mechanisms on how to recover said weapon or who'd be in charge of said weapon once it's confiscated. I may be dreaming that, however. The biggest danger of breaking the IAC and carrying anyway will be where you park. There's LOTS of parking that's on the School for the Blind's campus. The real Indiana Code comes in to play here.

I'd much rather deal with running afoul of the IAC than the IC when it comes to firearms - but that's just me.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    ... The biggest danger of breaking the IAC and carrying anyway will be where you park. There's LOTS of parking that's on the School for the Blind's campus. The real Indiana Code comes in to play here.

I'd much rather deal with running afoul of the IAC than the IC when it comes to firearms - but that's just me.
    I thought school parking lots were ok now? at least as long as it's stored in the vehicle?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    right. But if you're packing walking to or from the car while parked on school property, you are hosed.

I just looked it up, as long as it is locked and stored out of sight you are ok.

IC 35-47-9-1, Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:...5 A person who: (A) may legally possess a firearm; and (B) possesses a firearm that is: (i) locked in the trunk of the person's motor vehicle; (ii) kept in the glove compartment of the person's locked motor vehicle; or (iii) stored out of plain sight in the person's locked motor vehicle.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Minor niggle:

It's verboten at the State Fair due to the State Fair Commission being granted permission to draft their own codes, while the State Fair is in session, in the Indiana Administrative Code.

That code provides for explusion from the grounds and/or confiscation of the gun. I think there's been discussion here about how the IAC doesn't go into the mechanisms on how to recover said weapon or who'd be in charge of said weapon once it's confiscated. I may be dreaming that, however. The biggest danger of breaking the IAC and carrying anyway will be where you park. There's LOTS of parking that's on the School for the Blind's campus. The real Indiana Code comes in to play here.

I agree. And for reference, here's the IAC, with parts irrelevant to this discussion removed:

80 IAC said:
    ARTICLE 4. GENERAL OPERATIONS
    (…)
    80 IAC 4-4-2 Definitions
    Authority: IC 15-13-2-9
    Affected: IC 15-13-2; IC 15-13-7; IC 35-47-1-5; IC 35-47-8-1; IC 35-47-8-3
    Sec. 2. The following definitions apply throughout this rule:
    (…)
    (2) "Deadly weapon" means any of the following:
    (A) A loaded or unloaded firearm (as defined in IC 35-47-1-5).
    (B) A destructive device, weapon, device, taser (as defined in IC 35-47-8-3), or electronic stun weapon (as defined in
    IC 35-47-8-1), equipment, including knives, chemical substance, or other material, that, in the manner it is used, or
    could ordinarily be used, or is intended to be used, is readily capable of causing serious bodily injury.
    (C) A biological disease, virus, or organism that is capable of causing serious bodily injury.
    The term does not include equipment or implements necessary and appropriate for use by commission personnel, contractors,
    authorized representatives, concessionaires, and exhibitors in the conduct of business related to the fair.
    (…)
    80 IAC 4-4-4 Deadly weapons prohibited
    Authority: IC 15-13-2-9
    Affected: IC 15-13-2; IC 15-13-7
    Sec. 4. (a) This rule does not apply to a federal, state, or local law enforcement officer or to a person who has been employed
    or authorized by the state fair commission to provide security protection and services during the annual state fair.
    (b) No person in possession of a deadly weapon shall be permitted onto or be permitted to remain on the fairgrounds during
    the annual state fair.
    (c) Any deadly weapon found in the possession of a person while on the fairgrounds during the annual state fair is subject
    to immediate confiscation by law enforcement officers or other persons authorized by the executive director of the state fair
    commission.
    (d) Any person properly licensed to carry a firearm must secure the firearm in a locked compartment of his or her vehicle,
    and it shall not be visible to passersby. (State Fair Commission; 80 IAC 4-4-4; filed Jul 7, 2003, 3:15 p.m.: 26 IR 3538; readopted
    filed Oct 4, 2007, 10:29 a.m.: 20071024-IR-080070451RFA; readopted filed Sep 18, 2013, 2:12 p.m.: 20131016-IR-
    080130242RFA)
    (…)

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom