• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jzim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Valpo
    Anybody have any reviews on alien gear holsters? The price is right on them, and I'm always looking to try a new holster. Thought I'd ask before I go order a couple..

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    If you search, there are several threads on AGH.

My experience after a lot of use has been that you get a superior product when you pay for something like a Crossbreed. The crossbreed holds the gun much better. The thicker kydex AGH uses seems to be detrimental in that it doesn't conform as closely to the nooks and crannies of the gun, thus making for a less satisfying click when you re-holster and a lower quality feel all around.

Jzim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Valpo
    Thanks! I figured it had been covered. Seems like the search tool isn't working. It gave me an error message each time I tried to search.

Jzim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Valpo
    I initially thought it was because I was using an iPhone. Looks like some sort of a website problem. I saw a thread somewhere from another guy with the same issue

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Lol yeah...If search isn't working that's not a terribly useful suggestion on my part.

What kinda guns you thinking about using the holsters for?

jenoble99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    S.IN
    I have had one for a bit over a year now. I hated it at first, but once I found that just right spot, got the cant just right, and got it broken in, it's comfortable enough for all day wear. I initially got the steel clips, they held onto my belt great, but they also scratched my leather truck seats. I ordered the leather loops and didn't like them. It just seemed like the holster wasn't held all that well and were a pain to get on. I ordered a set of the plastic clips and they work well. They hold onto my belt and don't scratch any surfaces. The 2.0 version looks to be different enough to deal with my initial complaints an is still a decent value.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a pair of then (right and left side) for Glock 17s.

They are definitely worth the money you pay for them. Very comfortable. You can adjust the tension, unlike some other hyrbid holsters. You can adjust the cant/angle, unlike most other hybrid holsters. The plastic belt clips that come standard are the best functioning belt clips I've found from any maker. I haven't used them enough (about a month) to comment on durability of the clips.

My only complaint is that you can't adjust the cant enough to get the gun vertical. The closest you can get still has a butt-forward cant that forces you to wear the holster farther to the rear than I prefer.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    Very happy for the price. I have the screws cranked down pretty tight and it holds well. I agree with all that has been said so far. I carry a Glock 19 in it.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    They're great for someone like me who has a high turnover ratio when it comes to handgun ownership. If you buy a new gun and send in the kydex shell of your old gun, they'll send you a new shell to fit the new gun for free.

mlapaglia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    United States
    I have a pair of then (right and left side) for Glock 17s.

They are definitely worth the money you pay for them. Very comfortable. You can adjust the tension, unlike some other hyrbid holsters. You can adjust the cant/angle, unlike most other hybrid holsters. The plastic belt clips that come standard are the best functioning belt clips I've found from any maker. I haven't used them enough (about a month) to comment on durability of the clips.

My only complaint is that you can't adjust the cant enough to get the gun vertical. The closest you can get still has a butt-forward cant that forces you to wear the holster farther to the rear than I prefer.

For the DIY'er, you could punch through the material and put one of the extra nuts they send in there.

I got mine last week and have been wearing it around the house at different cants and heights. I like it so far but have to wait until my license comes in so I can take it outside :)

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    To me it's adequate for the price. It is comfortable. However it is a little bulky, and you can really feel it if you carry a smaller firearm. I carry a Shield with this holster and the side that touches my back often protrudes outward, so it doesn't hug my body very well. If I carried a larger gun or was just a little bigger around the waist it probably wouldn't be a problem.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I just ordered two 2.0 holsters for under 60 bucks, and added an additional shell. I've got one for my G43, one for my G19, and the shell for my Ruger SR9c. I've currently got a Crossbreed for my SR9c, but I really don't like it. The leather is stiff, but that's not too bad, because it is still comfortable. However, it makes a leather creeking sound when I move around, which is incredibly annoying. I also don't love the metal clips on the Crossbreed. That said, it does hold the gun well.

I'm looking forward to trying the Alien Gear. One other annoyance is the time it takes them to ship. I ordered them two weeks ago and nothing has shipped yet. I think that stinks for a company that does the volume they do. At least they tell you up front that it takes awhile. I'll post up when I get them and will share thoughts and maybe a few photos.

My favorite holster is a Flashbang Capone holster for my G42. I'm replacing the G42 for carry, but man, that Flashbang is easily the most comfortable holster I've had. It has thicker and more flexible leather than the Crossbreed, is silent, and has kind of a suede like backing that seems to breathe up against the skin. The plastic holds the gun very nicely, too. They are more expensive than Alien Gear, and I didn't see the Glock 43 model on their website yet, so they lost out on my order, at least for now. Great holster, though.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I'm a former Alien Gear holster owner. I've tried two...one of the first ones and one of the 2.0.
    I no longer have either. I gave em a fighting chance (at least a month of daily wear)
    ...I do like the warranty and the shell replacement...but that's about it.
    the materials were too stiff, bulky, uncomfortable, and heavy. not my style. fwiw

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just ordered two 2.0 holsters for under 60 bucks, and added an additional shell. I've got one for my G43, one for my G19, and the shell for my Ruger SR9c. I've currently got a Crossbreed for my SR9c, but I really don't like it. The leather is stiff, but that's not too bad, because it is still comfortable. However, it makes a leather creeking sound when I move around, which is incredibly annoying. I also don't love the metal clips on the Crossbreed. That said, it does hold the gun well.

I'm looking forward to trying the Alien Gear. One other annoyance is the time it takes them to ship. I ordered them two weeks ago and nothing has shipped yet. I think that stinks for a company that does the volume they do. At least they tell you up front that it takes awhile. I'll post up when I get them and will share thoughts and maybe a few photos.

My favorite holster is a Flashbang Capone holster for my G42. I'm replacing the G42 for carry, but man, that Flashbang is easily the most comfortable holster I've had. It has thicker and more flexible leather than the Crossbreed, is silent, and has kind of a suede like backing that seems to breathe up against the skin. The plastic holds the gun very nicely, too. They are more expensive than Alien Gear, and I didn't see the Glock 43 model on their website yet, so they lost out on my order, at least for now. Great holster, though.

IF you can figure out where its squeaking, try some mink oil on the leather. That might slick it up and "moisturize" it enough to eliminate the noise.

I tried them and wasnt impressed. I'll stick with my CrossBreeds.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the first gen and the 2.0. I used nakona glove oil on the first one to help the break in process and protect the leather from my skin. It works very well and is very comfortable with my g19. Also used it with my pf9, didn't realize it was there half the time.

The 2.0 seems like thinner leather but the neoprene is comfortable and my g19 works well in it also.

It was a 1/3 of the price of my king tuck for my XDm and I'd say it's nearly the same holster.

If you're gonna IWB I can't imagine a better more comfortable holster. No retention though.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I've had mine around a year now, carry a G19 in it. I have to occasionally tighten the retention screws, but not often. Ive not owned one of the more expensive holsters so can't comment on them. For the $, this is well worth it.

Top Bottom