• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I went today and did my testing for a PD i applied for and it kicked my butt. I passed the PFT portion and even went back to run with another candidate that fell behind which added another 1/4 mile to my run they was also a few other activities added to it that i passed as well. Now the Written test im not so sure about I was really stressing out over it as i was doing it. And once i got home and relaxed i realized i made a few mistakes. Hopefully its passing because 1 i really want this spot and 2 it would suck to do all that PT stuff and not get it (Im not a big fan of running:):)

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I really feel bad for the candidate i ran with he was super enthusiastic about being a police officer. He really pushed through even though he didn't meet the time requirements which is an awesome display of determination. I do know that running the extra 1/4 mile with him really did me in and i think i could have done better on the obstacle course if i hadn't but i couldn't leave him running by himself. All in all it was a very eye opening experience, it made me realize how out of shape i am...and that im really good at jumping fences.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Should find out sometime this week. The more i think about the written test the more i think i blew it.
    Then don't think about it! I highly doubt you blew it, and if they were impressed in other ways I certainly wouldn't think that would keep you out of contention.

Plus, unless this is a larger department, I am going to guess there is a good bit of wiggle room built in to the entrance standards.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Should find out sometime this week. The more i think about the written test the more i think i blew it.

don't second guess yourself! having been in the printing industry all my life (started running a press my freshman year of high school) and working at a shop since graduation, I applied at one of the largest shops in Evansville. got called 2 hours after faxing my resume to them (this was 15 years ago), went in for my interview a week later, had the worst interview, guy acted like I was wasting his time,i asked for more money than they were offering(didn't want to take a small paycut), more vacation they were offering(didn't want to loose vacation time) just a horrible interview.

I got home, changed clothes, called a friend who worked for them, he managed another branch, and was telling him thanks for the heads up, and help getting the interview, and was in the middle of telling him that I didn't think I would get the job, when they called, offered me the job, with the additional money and vacation time to match what I already had!

so, as I said above...don't sell yourself short!, and apply, apply, apply! there has to be more than 1 department in your area!

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Agree with all the advice not to worry about it. You either passed it (and worrying is needless) or you didn't (and worrying won't change that). If you did pass it then let everyone know and we will congratulate you. If you didn't, then let everyone know and we will encourage you not to give up and to try again. BTW, I hope you passed!!

Top Bottom