Elected Prime Minister, what would your instructions be if the gov't was elimina

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/1981-12-01/nuclear-weapons-1980s-mad-vs-nuts

And I wonder if our "boomer" CO's have any similar instructions.

Probably just standing orders. Only changed if POTUS decides to say anything.
    Previously, MAD meant that for any use of a WMD, and we would full retaliate with Nukes.
    This is different than NUTS.
    MAD Mutually Assured Destruction.
    NUTS Nuclear Utilization Target Selection.

NUTS uses smaller steps, but people worried things would escalate, causing more destruction.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I would hesitate to order an attack without information to direct it. If British command was wiped off the map, would Russia be responsible, would China, Packistan, some non nation actor? How would the boomer captain know? How much targeting latitude does he have and how would he make the choice if he could choose the target?

I would encourage the captain to reach out to the USA, Canada and Australia for information, but I would be specific that the captain was not to place the sub under the command of a foreign navy, take suggestions, but not orders.

My instruction to the captain would be to gather what information he could and if the captain could be certain of identifying and targeting a worthy target, he could launch or not launch with the full support of the Kingdom behind him whatever he chooses. It's a heavy choice to lay on one man, but it is important enough of a choice that it needs to be made based on current information, not policy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would hesitate to order an attack without information to direct it. If British command was wiped off the map, would Russia be responsible, would China, Packistan, some non nation actor? How would the boomer captain know? How much targeting latitude does he have and how would he make the choice if he could choose the target?

I would encourage the captain to reach out to the USA, Canada and Australia for information, but I would be specific that the captain was not to place the sub under the command of a foreign navy, take suggestions, but not orders.

My instruction to the captain would be to gather what information he could and if the captain could be certain of identifying and targeting a worthy target, he could launch or not launch with the full support of the Kingdom behind him whatever he chooses. It's a heavy choice to lay on one man, but it is important enough of a choice that it needs to be made based on current information, not policy.

I think you're on the right track. I think the Royal Navy would be absorbed into the command structure of the US Navy (as well any other troops abroad), much like the Polish Army during WW2.

Top Bottom