Meet-and-eat Feeler: We aren't just usernames.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I got to thinking tonight... many of us look at each other as a username. Some letters (and numbers, in my case) mashed together to create a "name". Under that name is an image... be it an animal, a person, or some sort of animation.

That's what a lot of us are to each other. That name and avatar. So when we interact with each other (user to user, user to mod, or mod to user), I think we often forget that we're speaking with another adult. Another living person in this great state of ours that may be very like-minded. We may like each other, we may hate each other... but we don't always get beyond that username and avatar. We remain anonymous on the internet, and we protect ourselves. We may use snark, or sarcasm, or straight-out hostility towards one-another... not knowing who or what it's directed at. Just a name.

So here I am... feeling out who may like to meet up for dinner one day in the not-so-distant future. I've never organized such an event, so I'll do my best to coordinate the logistics of it. After all, I'm the son of a logistics man... shouldn't be too difficult.

Personally, I'd like this foray to involve those of you that I've interacted with most here. Be it people I've disagreed with, agreed with, or simply converse with often. Be they user or mod.

I'm in the Southern Indianapolis/Southport Area... but I certainly have no issues with travelling. So not only am I open to those interested, I'm open to suggestions on location. Maybe we should get a good sample size of interested parties before deciding on location, we'll see.

Also, for those of you that have certain predispositions about me or my presence here... this may be a good opportunity to clear some of those up?

Thanks for your input,
    Adam "GPIA"

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm down. I know we've had good luck at the Patriot Grill before. That's in your neck of the woods.

Maybe something the week after Christmas but before the new year?

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Given that Indy is in the exact center of the state geographically, and more or less in the center of the state population-wise, I nominate a gun-friendly restaurant here in Indy.

Surely an INGOer owns a restaurant in Indy...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Tag me as a definite maybe. I haven't been to an INGO get together since the one VERT set up at Big Woods Pizza earlier this year.

Me neither. I'm interested. I need to make an Indy area M&G someday...just kind of depends on availability and travel conditions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am in depending on time/date.

Having been to a few of these they have always been positive gatherings. It is usually surprising to put faces to avatars and sometimes melt the ice we occasionally generate on line.

Top Bottom