• ...and so much more!
  • NightOwl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    Rules for Restaurants :

Due to some in the audience who are suffering from a terrible case of panty-twist, I have taken down this thread and will join the Kumba-ya Club and promise to only write happy-happy-joy-joy posts from now on, I swear to Beaver Cleaver!

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Rules for Restaurants :

I eat out a lot, and I have noticed many restaurants don’t take care of their customer's very well-
    I’m here to help!

#1- There is only one REAL boss and I am not benevolent, compassionate or forgiving- I am selfish, demanding and fickle. I AM THE CUSTOMER!
    I am here to please my needs, not the needs of your corporation, your shareholders, you personally, your manger, your waitresses or your hostess!
    I want what I want and if you can’t/won’t deliver- your new competitor will!
    Without ME – the customer – your.......

.......blah blah blah TL;DR blah blah ..........

......gh people stand-up to this aberrance and instead complain about and boycott service busnesses that don't value their customers then the natural order of balance may be restored where the customer is the boss and the servents work hard and earnestly to keep their jobs!
    Tipping is something extra for those times that the waitress does an extraordinarily good job and I choose to reward her. The argument that we, the customers, won’t get good service without “tipping” is B.S. - If your waitress, bartender or bellhop does not give me good service I will take my business elsewhere, eventually the owner/manager WILL get the message and do something to save their business.
    Problem of tipping solved.

There you go, some basic rules for restaurants (any business, really), if followed and you have a good product you should be successful – if NOT followed, you eventually will lose all of your money and fail.

Rules for Restaurants - April, 2012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Wow. Get over yourself and learn to cook at home... I recommend reducing the recipes as it is unlikely anyone will be joining you.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I take it the OP has never worked in food service. I lost all respect for any of this when the customer and the waitress suddenly became the master and the servant. There are so many things that I find wrong with this that I won't even delve into them simply because saying what I really think would get me an infraction at the very least. The one thing I DO agree with in all this is that if you don't like the way a restaurant operates you can choose not to go there. And from the way that rant sounds I think most restaurants would prefer it that way. These are the kind of people that restaurants don't WANT to serve because they think they're so much better and so deserving. You're not entitled to be treated like royalty simply because you choose to grace an establishment with your presence. There are plenty of pleasant people that said establishment would rather cater to.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    3194587+_532fde1f77065ee023481d728321985a.gif

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Print out your opening post and hand it to the hostess when you get to a restaurant. That way they know exactly how you feel and you will be treated with the utmost respect.

It's real easy to sit behind a keyboard and type. Take some action.........and let us know how it works out for you.

Heck, I might try it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have one question OP...in your best estimation, how much snot, saliva, and other thought provoking taste treats do you think have been added to your meals because of your feelings toward your food servers and the establishment they work in? Just curious.

I supported my family in our early years by working as a waiter, a male food service person, in the evenings and on weekends. I used to do pretty well at it because I learned how to treat people of all walks. It was a sucky job but it helped pay the bills.

I won't eat at a place more than once if the service is bad or the food is bad, like you say, the options are many.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I learned something about french fries.......

I tip for the level of service.

I eat where I like the food.

I eat at home a lot as we are great cooks and enjoy what we fix.

I tipped my wife the other night.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    I honestly didn't read the entire thing...only thing i saw was someone ranting thinking that they are better than someone else who is trying to make a living. I would have a few choice words for you but even then its not worth my time or energy to get worked up over what you said. It's obvious you have never worked in the food industry or worked for tips before. So just continue to be THAT guy that ends up getting crappy service with a few extra special seasonings/toppings in your food.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well that was an interesting read. I don't ever like to feel served or above anyone. I appreciate good service and food and tip accordingly. Poor service = low tip. They control their wage based on performance. That's more fair than most companies advance by system.
    we eat out for basically every meal in a day except some breakfasts. I have learned the good places to go and avoid the bad. I treat all of my "servers" like the people they are and respectfully and call them by their names even if its a first meeting.

Top Bottom