• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    During the testing of the Vortex Viper PST scope and the comparison with an EOTech holographic sight, INGO's shooter521 created a quick video to highlight the utility of the LaRue QD (Quick Disconnect) mounting system.

Having both of the test optics on these rock-solid LaRue mounts allowed us to switch back and forth many times during the testing. In the Vortex thread, you also find a test of the mount's abilty to retain a zero point when re-installed numerous times.

The entire Vortex testing thread can be found at: VortexViperReview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaU0TaadmbY

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    It's funny that he mentions the larue is bullet proof, because I have one at home that I have shot with a 12ga (literally) and it didn't lose zero. The only time I had a issue with it was after I drug it out of a pond (with scope mounted) behind a ATV, and the issue was more remounting with mud caked in the base of the mount than it was holding zero.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    It's funny that he mentions the larue is bullet proof, because I have one at home that I have shot with a 12ga (literally) and it didn't lose zero. The only time I had a issue with it was after I drug it out of a pond (with scope mounted) behind a ATV, and the issue was more remounting with mud caked in the base of the mount than it was holding zero.

Uh, details on both incidents please. :D

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I also highly recommend Quality QD rings. You don't have to be a tatical dude with a ar to use them either.I have been using the warne QD's myself, Mainly on my scout scope setup on my deer gun. Nice quick on and off without loosing a bit of the zero,

I also use them where I have 3 rem 700 Short actions and a single good scope for the three rifles. Just move over and adjust. Makes more romm in the safe also cause they store in there better than with scopes on.

Top Bottom