• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    DSCN0812.jpg

Hey, INGO! To my great dismay, I recently discovered that the 4-piece Bulgarian flash hider on my AK-105 had become a 1-piece flash hider; I had neglected to pull it apart for cleaning after shooting some corrosive ammo, and over time, the interior cone and endcap had corroded in place. :xmad:

DSCN0818.jpg

DSCN0820.jpg

That sent me on the search for a replacement device, which is when I happened upon the Spikes Tactical Dynacomp. I have heard very good things about their AR-15 Dynacomp, so I was intrigued to discover they produce two variants for AK rifles - a "big" one in 24x1mm for AK-74 type rifles with a threaded FSB, and a standard one in 14x1mm for AKM and AK-47 type rifles with a threaded barrel. I ordered one from one of our distributors, installed it, and awaited the opportunity to conduct a range test.

DSCN0814.jpg

While at lovemywoods' range assisting with some other INGO videos, I found some time to do a brief video review of the Dynacomp, conducting a couple simple drills and comparing it to the 4-piece flash hider. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/lmqvsYH1yno

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Excellent review! Ive been wanting to try one of these on a 74, and Im glad you put this together!! :)

Now, do you think this will work any better than the standard factory AK-74 brake?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Now, do you think this will work any better than the standard factory AK-74 brake?

I intend to do a similar comparison between the -74 brake and the Dynacomp on one of my full-length rifles next time out, but my initial impression is that the Dynacomp is at least as effective if not more so, and less blasty.

IMO, it is THE ticket for AK-102/4/5 type rifles or Krinks, and at least worth a look for full-size rifles.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ok, I look forward to seeing that one as well.

One more question. Ive looked around for these online and from what I can tell this 'big' comp will work with all 100 series AKs? ie both 5.45 and 7.62. Is that correct?

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I thought it was a typo too (somebody confusing Yugo and Russian/Bulgarian), but now Tradertator made me go back and really look. I don't see a 24mm Dynacomp on their site at all. I see the 14mm and 26mm Dynacomp and some thread adapters to both 26mm and 24mm, but no 24mm Dynacomp...
    ST- AK Parts : Spikes Tactical

What is the OAL of the Dynacomp? It looks longer than a 4 piece, but not quite long enough if you wanted to pin it on an AK-104/5 for a 16" barrel.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't see a 24mm Dynacomp on their site at all. I see the 14mm and 26mm Dynacomp and some thread adapters to both 26mm and 24mm, but no 24mm Dynacomp...

I have an Email in to my Spikes rep asking about this. The part number for the 24mm Dynacomp is SAKD24M, which shows on my distributor site but not on Spikes. The distributor, OTOH, does not show the SAKD26M (26mm).

What is the OAL of the Dynacomp? It looks longer than a 4 piece,

The Dynacomp is 3-1/4" long, which is exactly the same length as the Bulgarian "beercan".

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I have an Email in to my Spikes rep asking about this. The part number for the 24mm Dynacomp is SAKD24M, which shows on my distributor site but not on Spikes. The distributor, OTOH, does not show the SAKD26M (26mm).
    Keep us posted!

The Dynacomp is 3-1/4" long, which is exactly the same length as the Bulgarian "beercan".
    Well, dang, it tricked me! Maybe it is the whole one diameter thing of the Dynacomp.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The 26MM ones started showing up when the Yugo M92 PAP's started coming in. They were on the Aimsurplus site for a while, and then sold out(http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTSAKD26M&name=Spike%27s+Tactical+AK+Dynacomp+M26x1.5+LH+Thread&groupid=64). They're still on the Spikes homepage though. Hopefully it's not a typo, because I would really like one for my M92. I've got a Bulgarian style 4 piece from CNC Warrior that is ****ing amazing, but if I can't go underfolder on this build, a Dynacomp is a must.

Top Bottom