• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Ordered an Alien Gear holster for a CW 9.......LEFT HANDED. A holster did show up today, just a right handed one instead. Funny part is the shippin papers and invoice show left handed! Best part is that the invoice is intialed "QC passed" followed by someone's intials. Heck of a QC department if you put a right handed holster in with left handed shipping papers! The lady did tell me she will get a new one send out ASAP and told me to just keep the right handed one. Anyone out there need a right handed hybrid for a Kahr CW9?!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ordered an Alien Gear holster for a CW 9.......LEFT HANDED. A holster did show up today, just a right handed one instead. Funny part is the shippin papers and invoice show left handed! Best part is that the invoice is intialed "QC passed" followed by someone's intials. Heck of a QC department if you put a right handed holster in with left handed shipping papers! The lady did tell me she will get a new one send out ASAP and told me to just keep the right handed one. Anyone out there need a right handed hybrid for a Kahr CW9?!

I'm sure you could sell the right handed version easier than the lefty. Let us know if they actually carry through in a reasonable timeframe.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Not really worried bout selling it. Just question their QC when all the paper work says , "lefty" yet they send a right handed one! Their QC person even signed off on it.....hard to understand how that even happens.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Minor mistake that was correctly taken care of. Id be happy in your shoes. Good customer service is a rarity.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Just got the replacement holster in the mail today. Not bad considering I didn't talk to them until 6pm Wednesday.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just got the replacement holster in the mail today. Not bad considering I didn't talk to them until 6pm Wednesday.

That is quick. I believe in the other thread that was posted above, the poster never did get the promised replacement, so good to hear.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    So, our Alien Gear "Customer Service Sample Group" is showing complete success/total failure at 50/50.

Seems that way. I was a little peeved when I got the first one. Waiting 4 weeks only to have the wrong one shipped was frustrating. When I asked how long it would be on rhe replacement she said, "ASAP." Considering it came from the West Coast and didn't ship till Thursday morning I guess she ment what she said. I've been wearing it all day today and honestly have to say that FOR THE MONEY it's pretty nice. I'm sure it'll only get better after a few days and the leather getting broken in. Now we'll just have to see how it holds up.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I have been wearing mine daily since march. Once the leather breaks in it is very comfortable. I have no complaints but I have not had to use their customer service either.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Seems that way. I was a little peeved when I got the first one. Waiting 4 weeks only to have the wrong one shipped was frustrating. When I asked how long it would be on rhe replacement she said, "ASAP." Considering it came from the West Coast and didn't ship till Thursday morning I guess she ment what she said. I've been wearing it all day today and honestly have to say that FOR THE MONEY it's pretty nice. I'm sure it'll only get better after a few days and the leather getting broken in. Now we'll just have to see how it holds up.

The qualifier is just the thing I've found with AG. For the money it's great...but there's better (cough, COMP-TAC) options out there.

You get what you pay for. Out of the $30 holster segment it's the best, I'll grant you.

I seem to remember a great set of comparison pics from somewhere...

PAGING CHEZUKI!!!
    :)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't have an Alien Gear holster, but I have an Old Faithful holster, which is the same company, IIRC. That holster is by far the most comfortable IWB holster that I have ever used. Now, with that said, I've only used 3-4 holsters, but they've always been uncomfortable which is why I OCed mainly. I forgot I was wearing it, until I got home and realized I was carrying. :):

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Am in the process of seeing how their CS works out.

After reading reviews and experiences good and bad, I decided to roll the dice and give them a try. When the package arrived from them it turns out that they shipped me someone else's order, for a completely different handgun.

Communication with CS via email has been somewhat slow, but they claim they will make it right and reimburse shipping for this one to go back to them. Will see how it works out...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I seem to remember a great set of comparison pics from somewhere...

PAGING CHEZUKI!!!
    :)

They were MTAC vs Crossbreed.

ixutf5.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Here's an Alien Gear for comparison. The Alien Gear is much more similar to the Crossbreed than the MTAC in craftsmanship.

105_1210.JPG

105_1212.JPG

I'm tempted to give the edge to Alien Gear over Crossbreed due to the interchangeable shells, but honestly at $30, why not just buy another holster if you sometimes carry a different gun. IMO, the MTAC still reigns supreme, but I worry Crossbreed's days may be numbered. There are too many companies (like Alien Gear) making a better product cheaper and with less wait time.

Last edited:

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Crossbreed, AG,et al, all seem cut from the same cloth as it were. The MTAC from Comp-Tac is the only one I've seen that has full leather lining the inside that touches the body (no hardware pokes like the others have), easily changed shells in case you change guns (yes, I KNOW, AG and some others offer this one), and the incredible quality of the materials used and workmanship involved (hold a Comp-Tac product in your hand compared to the others - you'll see what I mean).

I agree the AG seems best of the breed for those designed similarly- but the way Comp-Tac goes about accomplishing the same task is truly different than all the CrossBreed / AG / (insert holster maker name here) clones.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom