• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    ...IMO, the MTAC still reigns supreme....

Crossbreed, AG,et al, all seem cut from the same cloth as it were. The MTAC from Comp-Tac is the only one I've seen that has full leather lining the inside that touches the body (no hardware pokes like the others have), easily changed shells in case you change guns (yes, I KNOW, AG and some others offer this one), and the incredible quality of the materials used and workmanship involved (hold a Comp-Tac product in your hand compared to the others - you'll see what I mean).

I agree the AG seems best of the breed for those designed similarly- but the way Comp-Tac goes about accomplishing the same task is truly different than all the CrossBreed / AG / (insert holster maker name here) clones.

Good job guys :thumbsup: One day, the blind will open their eyes and see the light...they will hear the words of the wise chezuki and join the order of the MTAC :rockwoot:

MTAC! :bowdown:

Seriously though, best IWB holster i have ever used...I bought mine used in the classifieds and i thought even at the price i paid ($50) it was a little steep. It was my first "quality" holster so I really don't have the experience with other holsters to compare it too (as in the pictures above) but i don't see myself EVER using a different holster. If the need comes up, i will gladly pay full price to replace mine...totally worth the money.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    If you still have the shell you may use it in the car as a car holster. I traded an LC9 & TCP shell for a P250c & Shield. Got them right at 5 days.

Bluestarbass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2014
    Fishers
    i ordered one not too long ago. It did feel a little cheaper than I thought it would. I dont carry much, so its fine for me. If I did start carrying more I'd look at that mtac.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    i ordered one not too long ago. It did feel a little cheaper than I thought it would. I dont carry much, so its fine for me. If I did start carrying more I'd look at that mtac.

I almost feel the opposite as you do. I was expecting a $30 holster but feel like I got something that should cost twice as much. I've been carring it everyday since I got it and it just seems to disappear once I put it on.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    On the website after you order it states a 3-4 week wait, does it really take that long or are they saying that "just in case"?

It took that long for me on my recent order, then they sent the wrong holster. After an email to their CS I got the correct one about a week later.

mwingeier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Mine took spot on at 6 weeks. I may not have much experience, as this is my first IWB, but after about 3 weeks, I found the sweet spot for me. I carry a Glock 17, so there is no forgetting that it is there, but I am used to it. Now it is more like my cell phone, I notice if it is gone. While I agree with the combat cut, it does tend to irritate me after a day of being on the move. That puts me in a quandry: I could solve the problem with an undershirt, but I don't like them and they make me uncomfortably hot. I'm looking into a grip like Pachmayr to resolve that. Overall, money well spent.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm looking into a grip like Pachmayr to resolve that. Overall, money well spent.

I'd recommend the Hogue grip sleeve over the Pachmayer. I had the Pachmayer for my Glock 19 and it ripped less then a week after I bought it. All I did was try to adjust it a little and it tore.

I got the Hogue and it's solid.

Dudelittle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Attica
    This is probably the wrong thread.
    Does anyone wear their AG in the 3:00 position if so is it comfortable, im a small framed guy with a fullsize edc. Im trying to avoid a drawer ful-o-holsters. Thanks

UK2K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Ordered two AG holsters for my PX4 9 and my SR45 on May 24 and got the usual 4-6 week wait time email. Got an email today that they were shipped out and should see it in 3 days. Can't wait to try 'em out!

Top Bottom