• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I was stationed at Great Lakes Naval Training Facility for 5 years. The albino herd was considered the Admiral's pets. Someone hit one early one morning. All kinds of grief.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Let me ask you a question. Would you take this deer if it wasn't albino, based on it's size and age? If your answer is no, then don't take it this year.

My opinon and it's just that, my opinon, is that hunting is for herd management and food. I'm not much of a sport hunter, not out for the big buck or the odd one. I don't believe the other poster who said it was geneticly inferior. Yes, it is at a disadvantage for summer camouflage, but does have an advantage in the winter. It's just recessive genetic, no big deal.

Exactly! A simple genetic irregularity has nothing to do with the health of an animal or it's offspring!

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We had a Piebald buck walking around our place 6-8 years ago. He was about 5 or 6 pointer. We got him on a video camera a few times. Never saw him after that season though...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    co-worker took a white doe, had her mounted. The pelt is rolled up underneath the head. Makes for one cool looking display in his living room.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Really nice Piebald buck was roaming around on my uncles place over by Rockford, OH several years ago. My cousin was out for it... somebody hunting the neighbors property got it... it was a real beauty... not just unique but it was a large one too...

Top Bottom