• ...and so much more!
  • marcm1059

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    southbend indiana
    First off, I know everyone’s gonna say don’t listen to anyone on here and get a lawyer to double check, but wanted to get a few opinions. So I was either 17 or 18, which was 28 years ago, and I shot myself in the wrist. I was scared to death, and since I was able to move everything with no restrictions. I self treated the gunshot wound. From my research, I was extremely lucky that it did not get infected. Apparently I did a pretty good job. Now, 28 years later, I am starting to have a lot of pain in my wrist. If I go to the doctor, I'm obviously going to have to tell them what happened. Is there any repercussions I could be facing? I don’t know if that’s something the Dr. will still report. Don’t want a police report opened up and a possibility of my stuff being confiscated.
    I'm new here so take what I say as you wish but I genuinely don't see you having any issues with it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    View attachment 326345
    I am not a professional carpenter so there was no workers compensation claim filed. I was inebriated doing some work on my house. I kinda forgot to read the whole instruction manual.
    Sorry!
    The above is a plausible explanation that I could testify to happening at least once.
    Could does not imply "willing ".
    MH
    I knew a guy that shot his nutsack to his leg while trying to holster a nail gun in his tool belt. 16 penny nail.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Wow! How much did you bleed?
    Fortunately, it was not me! Although it does give me nightmares to think about it.

This guy was a real piece of work, he had a huge beer gut, and once when he was changing the blade in a utility knife, he had the knife resting on his belly, and was attempting to tighten the screw on the knife with a drill. When the screw hit bottom, it spun the knife and put a super clean, 1 inch deep slash across his upper gut!

This was quite a few years ago, I’m assuming the poor guy is no longer around.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Fortunately, it was not me! Although it does give me nightmares to think about it.

This guy was a real piece of work, he had a huge beer gut, and once when he was changing the blade in a utility knife, he had the knife resting on his belly, and was attempting to tighten the screw on the knife with a drill. When the screw hit bottom, it spun the knife and put a super clean, 1 inch deep slash across his upper gut!

This was quite a few years ago, I’m assuming the poor guy is no longer around.
    Sounds like he was working very hard at achieving the coveted Darwin Award

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I knew a guy that shot his nutsack to his leg while trying to holster a nail gun in his tool belt. 16 penny nail.

I speared my thumb trying to use one left handed while holding a board in place with my right. I just barely caught the edge of the top board, enough to push the safety thing down, and the nail skimmed right along the edge of the board until it caught my thumb. I think it was my senior year of high school, but I wouldn't swear to it at this remove.

I tried to pull it out myself but the swelling was so instant there was no way that was working. I drove myself to the hospital (manual shift truck, nail was somewhat in the way) and they took care of it. Luckily, I missed the bone. It never bleed until the took it out, and even then barely did until they flushed the wound channel out with a syringe of saline.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I speared my thumb trying to use one left handed while holding a board in place with my right. I just barely caught the edge of the top board, enough to push the safety thing down, and the nail skimmed right along the edge of the board until it caught my thumb. I think it was my senior year of high school, but I wouldn't swear to it at this remove.

I tried to pull it out myself but the swelling was so instant there was no way that was working. I drove myself to the hospital (manual shift truck, nail was somewhat in the way) and they took care of it. Luckily, I missed the bone. It never bleed until the took it out, and even then barely did until they flushed the wound channel out with a syringe of saline.
    Just a couple years ago, I was putting a wood ceiling in the addition I built on the house, and was keeping pressure against the board with my left hand, shooting 2” nails with the right. Had my left hand a little too close and when a nail hit a knot in the wood, it came through the side and went about an eighth of an inch into my left index finger. It caught the meaty part of my finger, and really pissed me off more than it hurt, but it bled like crazy! It stayed sore for several days. First time in all my years of using nail guns I ever drew blood.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I've had two close (stupid) calls. Was cutting a down tree from bottom to top (I KNOW!), when the tree suddenly separated. The saw bar hit me in the forehead. Goggles on, but no helmet (ok, double stupid). Man oh man, chain brakes are FAST. Thankfully. And.... standing on the forks of a forklift, trying to use my foot to raise just a bit more. I slipped and the lift mechanism ran over the fingers of my left hand. Bloody mess, for sure, but I didn't lose any fingers. Just my forklift license.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just a couple years ago, I was putting a wood ceiling in the addition I built on the house, and was keeping pressure against the board with my left hand, shooting 2” nails with the right. Had my left hand a little too close and when a nail hit a knot in the wood, it came through the side and went about an eighth of an inch into my left index finger. It caught the meaty part of my finger, and really pissed me off more than it hurt, but it bled like crazy! It stayed sore for several days. First time in all my years of using nail guns I ever drew blood.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that did this; pretty much the exact thing happened to me.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    This thread has been a joy to read.

I don't advocate lying just tell em its an old accidental bullet wound. Then don't tell em much more.

That comment about the redhead made me laugh out loud.

Too bad for the few in here that want to insult you on top of admitting your mistake.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I would tell them anything but it was a gun shot wound.

3. I ran through a plate glass window with my head on fire and cut my wrist.
    This.
    And also, I can affirm that running through a plate glass door is indeed, no fun.

Landed me a few stitches on my 4th birthday.

In my defense, that was one heck of a clean door! Didn't see it.

Top Bottom