• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Macnsniff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2023
    Bedford
    First off, I know everyone’s gonna say don’t listen to anyone on here and get a lawyer to double check, but wanted to get a few opinions. So I was either 17 or 18, which was 28 years ago, and I shot myself in the wrist. I was scared to death, and since I was able to move everything with no restrictions. I self treated the gunshot wound. From my research, I was extremely lucky that it did not get infected. Apparently I did a pretty good job. Now, 28 years later, I am starting to have a lot of pain in my wrist. If I go to the doctor, I'm obviously going to have to tell them what happened. Is there any repercussions I could be facing? I don’t know if that’s something the Dr. will still report. Don’t want a police report opened up and a possibility of my stuff being confiscated.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I highly doubt there is going to be any followup on a 28 year old injury.
    Now if you stumble into the Dr. office leaking blood on the floor that might get a reaction.
    "Yeah doc, accident 3 decades ago..." They aren't going to be putting up any roadblocks.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I would think if you did it to yourself 28 years ago, there are no charges that could be filed. I wouldn't even think the dr would contact police about a 28 year old injury. I am not a lawyer though.

I'm more curious how you can shoot yourself in the wrist and not do serious damage. Between all the bones, tendons, nerves, blood vessels, there isn't much room for a bullet to go in without hitting something important.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I would tell them anything but it was a gun shot wound.
    Pick one.
    1. I was stealing a horse and an Indian shot me with a arrow.

2. While crocheting booties for my first born the needle slipped and stabbed me.

3. I ran through a plate glass window with my head on fire and cut my wrist.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I would tell them anything but it was a gun shot wound.
    Pick one.
    1. I was stealing a horse and an Indian shot me with a arrow.

2. While crocheting booties for my first born the needle slipped and stabbed me.

3. I ran through a plate glass window with my head on fire and cut my wrist.

1. I used to be an adventurer, then I took an arrow to the knee.
    2. I did hit myself in the knee with a freshly sharpened hatchet.
    3. Went through a glass storm door, my sister was chasing me in and out of the house and mom had locked it on us in the middle of one of our loops.
    (wrist, hand and face sewn up, with scars)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    IANAL TINLA any charges you could have possibly been charged with have long since passed the statute of limitations, if the Dr reported it I wouldn't expect any follow-up.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I was walking past Richard Pryor's house while he was shooting that Rolls Royce, One of those bullets ricocheted through the garage door and hit my wrist. I went home and did my Boy Scout First Aid myself.
    I was afraid of a skinny black man that grew up in a whorehouse, and thats why I didn't go to the Police.
    Well, now we know why you turned out like you did. :lmfao:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    After 28 years on the lamb, countless name changes and false IDs, the sleepless nights, always looking over his shoulder, just waiting for Johnny Law to catch up to him. Yep, it's time.

Time to jump off a dam.

4XYQ.gif

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    I have a friend that got hit by a ricochet while timing me shooting. He did not go to the doctor just like you. Years later what was in his hand started to cause him some serious problems. Trust me, just go to the doctor. Its not worth it getting any worse.

Chuck

Top Bottom