You folks in Indiana don't know how lucky you are.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    Being new to this forum, and living in Massachusetts, I am going to let you in on some of the stupid restrictions we have on firearms. First we have different licensing, we have FID cards (firearms identification) these are to have long guns (rifles & shotguns, non large capacity no more than five rounds) Then we have LTC (license to carry class A&B) class A is for large capacity rifle, pistol and shotguns and you can carry concealed. Class B is non-large capacity Handguns, rifles and shotguns, usually restricted to non concealed carry, (target and hunting only)All these permits are at the discretion of the local police chief in each town. Some won't issue LTC at all. Now I will get to the so called Mass compliant firearms roster. Back in 1998 a jerk Attorney General thought the public would some how be safer if they only sold handguns that met certain safety requirements. There are to lists, the Approved Firearms Roster and the Attorney Generals Handgun Sales Regulations, just because it is on the AFR doesn't mean it is on the other and can be sold in Mass. Now they have to meet certain safety standards, so if a manufacturer wants to sell a hand gun in Mass they have to submit it I think maybe 2 or 3 of the same gun to a independent lab for testing if it meets the requirements and is approved then it can be sold. example S&W M&P we can get them but they come with a standard 10lb. trigger pull. We can't get new Springfield Armory anything, they refuse to submit any guns for testing. CZ, nope, Kimber, Wilson Combat nah, a new Glock no way the list goes on. there is more to it and I may add to this as people make comments. sorry it's long.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    As bad as all that is, and as bad as California is, they are still better then DC. Should see some of the crazy things there. But yes, I have been to even Texas, and in Indiana, we are very lucky.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Welcome aboard, greetings from SE Indiana.:welcome:

Sorry that you have to deal with all of that crap, but it could all change if the voters got fed up enough to kick the pols out of office and demanded change.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Better than D.C. & Chicago... also, where is S&W based? Sprigfield, Mass???

I wonder if that former AG had any friends high enough up in S&W to cut a deal... Just sayin'...

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Better than D.C. & Chicago... also, where is S&W based? Sprigfield, Mass???

I wonder if that former AG had any friends high enough up in S&W to cut a deal... Just sayin'...

It wouldn't be the first time S&W cut a deal with the politicos and threw gun owners under the bus.:xmad: That's why I still refuse to buy their products.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Coorslight, my only suggestion is to move. My brother lived in Boston for a while. Went to visit once. Flew in so was unaware of the gun laws. Since then I have been enlightened about the liberal overflow and restriction of firearms. And crime is still through the roof with all anti-gun laws.

We do know how lucky we are in Indiana and another reason why we reside here. :rockwoot:

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    I will try to respond to some of the comments so far, GOAL( Gun Owners Action League) is like a Mass.chapter of the NRA and they are constantly battling for our rights. Yes most S&W firearms are mass compliant, they are sleeping with the politicians, but I still like their guns. We can get Glocks and other guns in two ways, 1 they have to have been purchased in this state prior to 1998, I have a first gen glock refurb from the factory. The problem is the prices are inflated, a used or abused glock will sell for more than a new one. The 2nd way is if someone moves here from another state and say brings in a springfield armory XD, they can sell it in a face to face transaction on a state form but a dealer can't transfer it. So if I buy a pistol out of state it has to go FFL to FFL and the dealer has to make sure it is Mass compliant in order for him to transfer it to me. And any gun that is not mass compliant that some one is trying to sell that they brought in they wan't an outrageous amount of money for example a Glock 26 3rd gen, $750-$800. used. Yes I would like to move, kids are in school, looking to retire and move in about 9 years. I may have to consider Indiana. PS did I mention we are restricted to 10 round magazines only, unless they were manufactured prior to 1998.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Could you live in NH and still work at your current job? I've got a couple of friends that work in Boston area and commute from New Hampshire.

Top Bottom