• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    Indulge me for a moment as I make a couple of points why Indiana is far ahead of people's republic of Illinois. While Illinois recently allowed CC, it was only because the courts mandated it. A five year Concealed carry license will cost you $150 plus expect to pay around $300 for the mandatory 16 hour training. The list of no carry zones are extensive, including Crook county forest preserves. Top it off, in the event you would like to purchase a handgun, expect a waiting period of 72 hours before taking delivery. Not to mention, you must have a firearms owners indentification card from the Illinois State Police to even hold any firearm.

Yes, I am liking Indiana!

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    The biggest joke restriction is public transportation... approx 28% of Chicagoans don't own a car. A much higher percent depend on public transportation for their daily live.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Illinois sucks. Chicago sucks more. Got it.

...but that's sort of like joining a swimming forum and telling people that water is wet, isn't it?

:popcorn:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I suggest you celebrate your freedom by going to the classifieds and making a deal to buy a handgun in the parking lot of a Dairy Queen.

There's just something extra satisfying about buying a gun from a stranger, talking guns for a little bit and then grabbing a blizzard before driving home while singing along to the radio (ideally ACDC or Merle).

Your mileage may vary, but it works for me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I suggest you celebrate your freedom by going to the classifieds and making a deal to buy a handgun in the parking lot of a Dairy Queen.

There's just something extra satisfying about buying a gun from a stranger, talking guns for a little bit and then grabbing a blizzard before driving home while singing along to the radio (ideally ACDC or Merle).

Steak 'n' Shake and Pilot gas stations are good too.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

I prefer Lowe's parking lots and the Grateful Dead...but DQ and Merle are a close 2nd. :cool:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    gWn9mjfJ9Fyv1z-dOemTeldHWTKm4TTWCEyi5-4XhD2WC8In9t65LBnRhHUrWCmaNhAjjqqEMlXeqObwkWjsxV3ffmmTh6aa5_ovE_nj8xqT9nlVdI8pE3Xijw

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Indulge me for a moment as I make a couple of points why Indiana is far ahead of people's republic of Illinois. While Illinois recently allowed CC, it was only because the courts mandated it. A five year Concealed carry license will cost you $150 plus expect to pay around $300 for the mandatory 16 hour training. The list of no carry zones are extensive, including Crook county forest preserves. Top it off, in the event you would like to purchase a handgun, expect a waiting period of 72 hours before taking delivery. Not to mention, you must have a firearms owners indentification card from the Illinois State Police to even hold any firearm.

Yes, I am liking Indiana!

Luck has nothing to do with it . It's all about plenty of folks with common sense keeping the libtards from running amuck .

Now if we can find a way to keep the rest of you foreigners out of our state , we'll keep it a nice place to live .

Come see the sights , look around , spend your money then go home .

Thanks for coming , glad you got to see us , bye .

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Being an Illinois transplant, one of the differences I see here is that in Illinois, Cook County Dems rule the state and always will. Over here, it looks like Marion county and NWI is loaded with Dems but and it's a very important but, there are enough people in the rest of Indiana to offset the Dems and keep us a free state. Am I on target with this?

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis

I think the first gun I bought via the INGO classified was at the Taco Bell in Martinsville, and on my way back home I hit the DQ for a blizzard....

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Being an Illinois transplant, one of the differences I see here is that in Illinois, Cook County Dems rule the state and always will. Over here, it looks like Marion county and NWI is loaded with Dems but and it's a very important but, there are enough people in the rest of Indiana to offset the Dems and keep us a free state. Am I on target with this?

IMHO, YES, you are !!!!!

Top Bottom