• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I just scored a 1914 DWM P08 Luger from an Amishman. It was in a trade rather that bought outright but it is in good shootable condition.

It had been reblued in the past and is almost in the white again but it will clean up great. I will post pics as soon as I get it stripped down and out of the ultrasonic cleaner.

I am psych'd about this one. I am thinking about doing another "how to" post for a hand gun like the one I did for a Winnie 1897 on the long gun site but if all I will get is people trying to tell me I am ruining it or that I am commiting blasphemy then I won't put forth the effort.

Post thoughts here.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I just scored a 1914 DWM P08 Luger from an Amishman. It was in a trade rather that bought outright but it is in good shootable condition.

It had been reblued in the past and is almost in the white again but it will clean up great. I will post pics as soon as I get it stripped down and out of the ultrasonic cleaner.

I am psych'd about this one. I am thinking about doing another "how to" post for a hand gun like the one I did for a Winnie 1897 on the long gun site but if all I will get is people trying to tell me I am ruining it or that I am commiting blasphemy then I won't put forth the effort.

Post thoughts here.
    No, ignore those who whine. The rest of us want to learn.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Starting with the before pics.

1689613398985.jpeg
    1689613454383.jpeg
    This is the same pic as above without flash. It makes things less harsh but I did the one flash for everyone to see the contrast. If you look at the sear and sear spring below the toggle knob you will see they had been blued before. From factory these plus the trigger would have been "straw". Also notice the bottom of the magazine is wood as are all the early P08's. The WWII are aluminum.
    1689613713792.jpeg
    1689613766812.jpeg
    1689613813053.jpeg
    Easier to note the wood base to the mag here. Mismatched number on the mag with a series letter.
    1689613907841.jpeg
    This is to show the barrel does not have the usual serial number and stamps that should be just in front of where the barrel meets the receiver. Another big "whoops" for the collector.
    1689614073213.jpeg
    Misnumbered trigger. All parts will have the last two digits of the 4 number serial which for this gun is "48", but this trigger has "46" but upon closer exam it looks as if it was "16" but the struck a "4" over the "1".
    1689614307805.jpeg
    Here you can see the toggle group is in much better condition than the rest of the weapon. The DWM marking and the "48" stamps can be clearly seen. The receiver rings like a tuning fork which is a test for cracks at the angles of the receiver. I think anyone can now see why I am excited. These parts will visually pop when blued.

The grips are in great condition as you can see, the screws have not been buggered. A perfect candidate for a stabilization.

After a further tear down it is off to the ultrasonic cleaner...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    giphy.webp

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Very nice Luger and a wonderful thread. It looks like it would be a good shooter.

If your right grip is at all loose with some wiggle and jiggle, order a set of rubber O rings from VZ grips for the 1911. They fit perfectly underneath the Luger's grip screw without being seen and keeps the right grip panel secured on tight.

Top Bottom