• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Not that you sickos. I'm talking about your first handgun. I just picked up my first yesterday from Midwest Gun Exchange on Grape Road in Mishawaka. +1 to them. I realize that their prices are higher than most, but there selection and the atmosphere there is great. I went in knowing what I wanted and they didnt try to talk me out of my purchase and sell me something I didn't want. He automatically got me a new one from the back without me asking. He even threw in a free case for a shotgun(my brother just brought one home Thursday night, so I figured i'd surprise him). All said and done I was out of there in 30 minutes, including the background check and everything. I paid $459.00 for it but also got a $40 case thrown in for free, so I didn't make out too bad. I already cleaned out the factory gunk and got it ready to fire. Now I just gotta find some free time...So I know this thread is worthless without pictures, so here you go!
    RUGERSR401.jpg

RUGERSR402.jpg

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Mine really is gone. Got to talk to two nice officers while I was hammered out of my mind at home. Walked out to my office for something and did a double take when I opened up a drawer and realized what was missing. Ruined a perfectly good buzz.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Mine really is gone. Got to talk to two nice officers while I was hammered out of my mind at home. Walked out to my office for something and did a double take when I opened up a drawer and realized what was missing. Ruined a perfectly good buzz.
    Oh dang. That sucks. The trash of the earth is everywhere these days...

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My first handgun...I mean one that was really mine not one of my Dad's that I shot was this Old Model Roger Blackhawk Convertible in 45acp/45 Colt. It was mt Christmas present when I was 14 and I cannot even begin to guess how many round I have out throough it over the past 37 years.

rugersodbuster.jpg

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Congratulations on your first! just like any other style of firearm it, will probably 1 of many.

My first: (aside from a ww1 collectible I got when I was 13)
    DSC_0463.jpg

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    My first was a Smith and Wesson 629 8 3/8" barrel and I could drive tacks with it. Unfortunately I sold it when I had a momentary lapse of reason. It is the only handgun I have ever sold and I kick myself often. :(

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Congrats Mike!

I got my first handgun when my father bought me a Ruger Single Six bi-centennial commemorative in 76' however I bought my first handgun as an adult (a Ruger Police Service Six) in 88'

On a side note, my first rifle was a Marlin 99-M1, centennial commemorative that my father bought for me in 70'

I really wish that I had kept a hold of them, but unfortunately I was short on tuition one semester & sold off all of my "fun stuff" in order to stay in school.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    My first handgun was a horrible purchase, so I choose to pretend that my second one was my first, a bulgarian Makarov. Very nice pick for your first, I am sure you will get years of enjoyment out of it.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    To be honest, it has been so many years ago and so many guns ago, I do not remember my first.

I am sure it was a revolver. Just not sure what one.

shoot the radio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    First was a .40 hipoint,realized I bought 150.00 paperweight,sold it got ruger 95 which I still have,just last week got a g19...

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    At the ripe age of 14, I opened up a christmas present that was small and heavy and from grandpa. Inside was one of his three pre-17 K-22 Outdoorsmans. I still have it, and it still drives tacks. It will either be buried with me or stay in the family. But it is never getting sold.

Top Bottom