• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For people that rave on high end 1911 is it that big a deal when folks apply the same standards to to other things?

The Yeti skillet is made by Butter Pat Industries and Yeti charges $55 more than BPI. They are hand made and very high quality from my reading. I have a lot of family heirloom cast iron personally so have no need but some might want a skillet of the quality of my Wagners and Griswald’s.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    ---- $400 --???? -Its just cast iron! --Thats Yeti for you - Buddy just bought a Beer can holder for $40 - He said it will keep his beer cold for hours -I said when has a beer ever lasted longer than 10 minutes? -- he couldn't answer me
    I can make a beer last an hour. And still drink the bottle.

Just not a huge beer drinker.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yeah, no way would I spend that much on a skillet. I will say their stuff is pretty damn good. I have one of the insulated 26 oz (I think) cups, and it will keep ice for at least 36 hours.

My son won some ridiculously expensive yeti cooler from his work, and it’s insane how long that thing will keep ice.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, no way would I spend that much on a skillet. I will say their stuff is pretty damn good. I have one of the insulated 26 oz (I think) cups, and it will keep ice for at least 36 hours.

My son won some ridiculously expensive yeti cooler from his work, and it’s insane how long that thing will keep ice.
    I can say that I have never been disappointed in a Yeti product. Remember, many of the cheaper products are ripoffs of Yeti patents, so a cheaper product may just be their technology.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If I was going "high end" cast iron, I would probably go here:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Which one would you guys think would be better, Yeti selling a high end skillet for $50 more that the original manufacturer or having Lodge make one and sell it for $150?

Also read this is a collector type item and likely not intended to be a regular long term item…

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I have a Lodge I just bought for $34 at wally world. It came pre seasoned. There words not mine. After cooking a few burgers some bacon and what not it works great. I love it.
    How can that yeti be $466 better?.. I know I would rather have a Colt than a Tisas but.....we are talking frying pans. Its not life or death....lol
    And if thats your thing thats fine no offense intended

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have a Lodge I just bought for $34 at wally world. It came pre seasoned. There words not mine. After cooking a few burgers some bacon and what not it works great. I love it.
    How can that yeti be $466 better?.. I know I would rather have a Colt than a Tisas but.....we are talking frying pans. Its not life or death....lol
    And if thats your thing thats fine no offense intended
    Based on the independent testing and reviews I have seen, they seem to agree with you.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Brought home some wild pig meat in a soft yeti cooler. I thought for sure after 10 hours in the car the meat would be thawed. That stuff was still frozen like a rock. I only have a few cool packs in the cooler with it. I was very impressed.
    With that being said, I got a lodge cast iron skillet for like 20 bucks at goodwill. It's practically as good as the yeti.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Didn't yeti take an anti 2A stance?

I don't support anti 2a companies.
    There was a dispute between them and the NRA, when they stopped a discount program they said they discontinued with several organizations that sounded like a he said/she said deal but I don’t know of any specific anti 2A positions…

This seems to be a fair assessment of the story…

Top Bottom