• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Five years since my Pops passed on. Sure miss the guy.

Every now and then, I think about things forgetting he is not physically present.

Example:

I was not able to get out much last deer season. I thought I was going to get skunked.

On the last day of gun season I was blessed with a buck that walked out of a tree line on the opposite side of a field I was hunting. I estimate it to be the longest shot I've taken on an Indiana deer. That, along with the good chance of going scratch had my adrenaline pumping like a boy on one of his early hunts.

I pressed a round and the buck kicked up on his rear legs like a fighting stallion. I saw him take flight back into the woods.....and drop about 30 feet in. In that moment, what went through my mind was "Wait until I tell Dad about this......". followed by, "damn". No doubt he knows any how.

I am one of what seems to be an increasingly rare group. A man who was raised by a great Dad along with a great Mom that taught me the value of things that may seem intangible in the short run...and are invaluable in the long.

Thanks for all you did and continue to do, Dad.

I do that a lot. Wanted to tell Uncle Dick how cool it was shooting his mauser. But, of course, the reason I have it is that he's not here anymore. With Dad it happens all the time.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I love all the digital TV channels now. Watched MASH, Andy Griffith, Green Acres, and up next Hogan's Heroes!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    i didn't loose mine...i traded it for a bucket of crispy fried chicken...i forgot to get the biscuits

4sz2ly.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Baseball day games with my little girl.....

When she was in grade school - highschool I would show up in the morning to pull her out for what the "principal" would call an "unexcused absence"... BFD.

All these years later, it comes around....

She got a couple of tickets for a day game this week and then called tonight to tell me.

"I'm supposed to be working that day."

"Sounds like you might have an unexcused absence."

"Yep!"

So it looks like I may be blessed once again to be in a ballpark with that little girl who has grown much...both of us caring less about "excused absences" than more important time.

Top Bottom