XtremeVel vs Raccoon...The ultimate smackdown!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My poor hubby has had to replant our tomatoes not once, but twice. He set a live trap and caught this guy...
    evil-raccoon.jpg

The next night he caught his brother...this guy
    evil-raccoon-excellent.jpg

I would have sworn the little guy gave him the finger as he was carting him off to a wooded area far, far away. I just goes to show ya....

You mess with XtremeVel's garden again... and you get this!
    istockphoto_995153_raccoon_hat.jpg

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That would explain all the raccoon-constructed "OXT" protest flyers I've seen around...
    "Occupy Xtreme's Trashcan".

LOL...They are wreaking havoc! They just pull out the plants and leave them beside the hole they dig. We think it's the fertilizer he's using. Little boogers are very naughty!

Last edited:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Looks like the 2 I caught in my live trap a couple of years ago and let them loose in a local woods. Ft. Wayne in 2 yrs. Hmmm... seems about right

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    personally.. they wouldnt have made it past the first time they got trapped. my dogs dont mix with raccoons. they did a number on my last dog.. boogered him all up. he won though.. rabies free and all.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That would explain all the raccoon-constructed "OXT" protest flyers I've seen around...
    "Occupy Xtreme's Trashcan".

I found one on the way home ...they were plastered up and down Hwy33 going into the Fort.
    I pulled over to jump out and grab one off a telephone pole...Raccoons came at me in a pack from out of NOWHERE! More stealthy than five year old girls, and almost as scary!
    I wasn't letting go of one, though! I put up a fight!!
    Here you go;

raccoontrack-1.jpg

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My poor hubby has had to replant our tomatoes not once, but twice.

Twice ? More like 4 times for a total of 29 plants... The good news is after catching the second (2) nights ago, haven't lost any.

Hate it when they get out there and eat all ur sweet corn too! Sounds like we need ta have a coon catchin party at ur place! Hahaha

They aren't damaging the plants... they are just pulling them out of the ground and rooting around in the bottom of the hole for the fertilizer I use... Mixture of bone, blood meal and chicken manure... The problem is unless I find the damage in the morning and replant in the dark, the plants wilt by the time I get home from work.

I found one on the way home ...they were plastered up and down Hwy33 going into the Fort.
    I pulled over to jump out and grab one off a telephone pole...Raccoons came at me in a pack from out of NOWHERE! More stealthy than five year old girls, and almost as scary!
    I wasn't letting go of one, though! I put up a fight!!

Keep it up ! I will get the last laugh ! Just where do you think I have been releasing them at ? :D

Top Bottom