• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Holy Cow! This has to be the perfect carry gun. I ordered this gun a week ago and I got a chance to take it to range yesterday. Let me start with saying this is my first experience with anything from the XD line. The only other 45 I have fired have been from full size 1911s. I was a bit intimidated of its big bark from such a tiny package from watching some youtube videos. I was wrong. My LCP (gone) had more bark than this...seriously. Its a pleasure to shoot and damn accurate too. I was keeping them in the 8 ring at 50 feet. Pretty good for a 3.3 barrel for me. The sights are what I would put on one of my uspsa guns, sans adjustable rear. It sports a great trigger with very tactile reset. It slips into my coat pocket and jeans. Its affordable and utilitarian so I'm not afraid to scratch it up. Its comes with the typical XD gear including a paddle holster, mag pouch, 2 magazines, smaller backstrap, nice XD case (wish it was cardboard so I could just toss it), and extra fiber optic rods in assorted colors.

If you are looking to carry a small 45, this is it. This gun will not leave my reach.

Springfield did good with this one.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    See, posts like this **** me off. I have found my Kahr CM40 to be about the perfect compromise between size and power. Then I read stuff like this and want to go try something else, like these XDS things.

Glad to hear its working out for ya!

Yukon1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I agree I have shot the XD45 and found it to be quite comfortable and manageable for multiple shots. I think you will enjoy it..

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    XDS is a great carry gun. I got the shoot my friends and while it has more bark than my 9mm Shield it's not unmanageable. The only thing I don't like is the stock grips. They tend to eat up my hands. My brother has a XDS as well but with Talon grips and I like it much better and find it less tiresome to shoot on the range. Either way it's a great gun for EDC. I look forward to buying one when the 9mm version is available.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    XDS is my EDC and I agree about the Talon grips, they make a big difference in comfort. The wife did a great job of putting them on :D

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I have been using the XDs as my EDC for over 6 months, its great, conceals so well, I never leave it at home. Perfect EDC for me!

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I totally agree also. I got my xds for Christmas, and I freakin love it. so far the only thing I don't like about it is my S&W .357 is now holed up in my gun cabinet. but I guess I can live with that.

richwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Lebanon
    I currently have an XDM 9 and can't wait for the XDS 9 to hit the street. I love my XDM, but would welcome the narrower XDS as a carry gun.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    I really like my xds too , havent got to shoot it yet but that time is coming !!! I bought two extended 7rd mags today at a gun show and dont think I need both so if someone is looking PM me and maybe ill sell you one thanks ...keep rockin the xds

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I like the XDS as my edc over the kimber. I agree the price point makes me feel ok about beating it up as an edc and its 4 oz lighter. Very comfortable to shoot.

indytiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I have a XDM been trying to bag a xds, they have been hard to find at a good price.

Want a bi-tone to which has made it difficult.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    I really like my xds too , havent got to shoot it yet but that time is coming !!! I bought two extended 7rd mags today at a gun show and dont think I need both so if someone is looking PM me and maybe ill sell you one thanks ...keep rockin the xds
    An overwhelming response to the 7rd mag , i do believe it is going to be sold thanks guys ...loving the xds

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I've had mine for a couple weeks now & my XD .40 subcompact is no longer my EDC gun. This one fits my hand great & is very comfortable to wear. I'm having some problems with accuracy, but hoping a few hours w/ Coach in a few weeks will take care of that. I love it!

Top Bottom