wts/wtt: 92 Yellow Suzuki Katana, price drop $1200! trade for ar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    A lot has changed with the bike since my last post, so I'm relisting. After seeing the title, it's a 92, not 96.

She’s a great bike that just needs some tlc, but I'm going into FULL details as to not waste anyone's time.

Overall:
    This is a 1992 Suzuki 600gsxf Katana. I traded for it on the forums, was a pile of parts/project bike. It has approx 15,000 miles on it now, I've personally put about 1,000 miles on the bike with no issues at all while driving. Had it up to 90mph with no shakes.

Paint/Body:
    I recently painted the bike yellow. It looks good from a bit of distance. Up close, it's pretty good. Heat and gas resistant paint with clear coat. I don't know if I had all the hardware on the bike when I put the panels together, there are some gaps, but it mostly fits. Could use a once over to align everything up nice. There is a crack behind where one of the mirrors is. Can't really see if well with the mirror on.

Tires:
    The tires surely aren't bald, but aren't brand new either.

Transmission:
    After more testing, I realize it's not the sprocket that needs replaced. The problem is within the transmission. 2nd gear simply does not work. 1st,3rd,4th,5th and 6th gears all work perfectly. With a race bike with this gearing ratio, you really don't miss 2nd gear. I simply skip to 3rd gear from 1st. The bike will pull up to redline in any other gear.

Engine:
    The engine operates fine and achieves approx 70-80mpg

Idle:
    The carbs might need to be syncronized. I pulled them apart and did a thourough cleaning, but it will not idle well until it heats up. I just leave the adjustment rod behind the throttle handle loose. I can rotate it to idle perfect at first startup, then when it's heated up and idleing high I just turn it back down. If you leave it alone and just keep it alive with the throttle, it runs fine after 15 minutes of use.

That being said, it's been this way since I got it. I've had no operating problems and took it to and from work everyday this summer.

Brakes:
    Both brakes operate great, however the rear brake seems to need new pads, they squeek when used.

Asking $2k on craigslist. Asking $1500 (now $1200!!!) to ingo members.

What I'm looking for in trades:
    I will accept all cash, part trades/part cash, or full trades.

+'s are glocks in 9mm, AR's (complete or not), .22 target pistols, 1911's. Any and all guns will be considered. Would accept .223 ammo, 9mm ammo, .45 ammo, 9x18 ammo, acog scopes, etc for value.

I'm located in Noblesville, near downtown and you are welcome to take the bike out for as long as you need to be comfortable with it to make a decision.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    ttt! bikes runs much better than the ad sounds. took it from Noblesville to Bloomington and back today for a possible car trade, but didn't like the car. Got er up to 105mph, in seconds. :-)

Top Bottom