• Status
    Not open for further replies.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's a stretch, but the fall out could conceivably affect his efforts. After all, it's already created demonstrations in A-stan. Personally, I don't think that's sufficient justification for telling free Americans what they can and cannot do, but everybody's entitled to his opinion and the right to open his mouth and confirm his foolishness, yes?

Guess this means we can expect all violence against Christians and Jews to cease as well. In the name of not being offensive and all.

I do like how they think the Kenyan is sanctioning this.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    It might just embarrass the morons enough to get them to stop, before they get American soldiers or civilians killed for a stupid PR stunt.

And when it doesn't, and all eyes are trained on the siuation, then what?

I would not support the burning of any book not matter what it said inside the cover.

I'm not supporting burning anything. I don't think it's helpful in any way to do so. My issue is why is the Cammander of NATO Forces highlighting this situation and elevating it on the world stage. The only reasons I can see he would do this is either the WH told him to, or the WH told him to.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Maybe he doesn't want his men bearing the brunt of the damage that the actions of a few idiots will inevitably cause?

That's a bunch of bull. Those who wish to be violent against Americans do not need an excuse. However, that doesn't mean they can't or don't take advantage of opportunities presented to them. But it's an ignorant argument to say that elimination of the opportunity will result in elimination of threat.

One a side note: am I the only one who doesn't give two :poop: about book burning?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And when it doesn't, and all eyes are trained on the siuation, then what?
    If you don't think the Taliban won't seize on this then you've not been paying attention. If these folks can get upset over some cartoons then burning their holy book should be a real laugh riot. Of course, if you support American soldiers dying for something as stupid as this...well, then....

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That's a bunch of bull. Those who wish to be violent against Americans do not need an excuse. However, that doesn't mean they can't or don't take advantage of opportunities presented to them. But it's an ignorant argument to say that elimination of the opportunity will result in elimination of threat.

One a side note: am I the only one who doesn't give two :poop: about book burning?
    You don't throw fuel on a fire that you want to put out.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If you don't think the Taliban won't seize on this then you've not been paying attention. If these folks can get upset over some cartoons then burning their holy book should be a real laugh riot. Of course, if you support American soldiers dying for something as stupid as this...well, then....

That wasn't what he asked.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Ahh... the appeasment strategy. That's worked so well for us in the past.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You don't throw fuel on a fire that you want to put out.

You don't address the points made in posts you quote. Your whole argument rests on the foundation that the Church's behavior is dictating the response from those who oppose it. I call BS and all you can rebut with is that it's not wise to fan the flames of war.

I submit that there are some who feel this fire hasn't burned long enough or hot enough. And that there will be no resolution until it does. For the sake of argument, and purely for the sake of argument, I could suggest that your approach is Chamberlain-esque. Someone mentioned consequences. What are the consequences of appeasing the enemy and fueling his propaganda machine?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    While I will agree it is a stupid mindless PR stunt, I don't recall Patton, McArthur, IKE, Bradley, etc... complaining about all the anti Nazi/Jap stuff being said back home during WWII.

IF we had the guts to turn the U.S. Military:patriot: loose on these worthless pieces of human debris, the stunt would be meaningless. The "war" would already be over. All this touchy/feeley crap is what's causing this to go on and on.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    Comments

Just as Obama should not have commented on the mosque situation, Patraeus should not have commented on this situation. By commenting they both made the situations worse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom