• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butros17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    lol, one time we had a drunk lady try to force her way into our house (townhouse style) because she thought it was the neighbor's door.. It took about 5 minutes of trying to convince her that her drunken idiot friends were nextdoor. All this with a newborn baby sleeping.
    She kept trying the handle and banging on the door. The first time I was up like a shot with a G23 nearby.
    Go figure, it's hard to reason logically with a drunk person, someone should inform the police of that :)

I remember when I was in school at Ball U, there was a drunken kid that was in a similar situation that didn't end up with as good an ending.

Ball State student shot and killed by rookie university officer | Region | Indiana Daily Student

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    To be clear, I live with my dad. He was watching my back with a trusty 5906, not listening to the phone at a different location.

Yea, I misunderstood what you were saying then. I would have checked it out myself also so I won't beat you up about it.

Probably not someone trying the door multiple times though.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Good thing this wasn't like that situation not too long ago where the homeowner left the house to investigate outside, but he was investigating police investigating for burglars, and they shot him for pointing a gun at them.

There is no reason to leave your house, what would you do if you found them in your yard? You can't shoot them, and they can freely walk away while you have them at gun point. Only a stupid criminal would stay.

Your main priority is keeping them out of the house, not to go from defensive, to offensive, and pursue them. That is far more dangerous.

Do you have cars parked in your driveway or all in the garage? If all in the garage, maybe they thought nobody was home? If you want them to go away, let them know you are home, and are awake. Turn on all exterior and interior lights. Keep doors locked and call the police. Use your key fob and set off all your car alarms in your driveway or garage. Attract attention.

Top Bottom