• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    There's 25 acres that butts up to my property on North County line rd off of Coldwater rd. Huntertown address. I think they are asking $625,000 for it. Surrounded by acres land trust and Cedar Creek going through it.

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    If they would do $10,000 an acre I would buy it. There are still great deals out there you just have to find them. My friend found 32 acres in steuben county last spring for $110,000. That's about the cheapest that I've heard of. That was 1/2 hardwoods 1/4 swamp and 1/4 rolling pasture. That was the best deal that I've seen in the last decade.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Wow that is a sweet deal. I have a realtor looking for me. There are some huge properties for good deals which I can't afford just because of the size of the lot but I have some to go look at that aren't too far away... we will see. Thanks for the heads up on the one above BTW.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Land is really expensive up north, if you're willing to travel and camp you can get a lot more in the southern part of the state.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Inbox is now available for new messages.

Leadeye, I am willing to travel a couple hours. Id prefer to stay in IN just to keep the hunting licenses etc simple and cheap...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Inbox is now available for new messages.

Leadeye, I am willing to travel a couple hours. Id prefer to stay in IN just to keep the hunting licenses etc simple and cheap...

Martin and Orange counties are great places to look, finding something like I did that goes back in the HNF can be a real bonus as well.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    10K / acre wowzers. I am grateful for what I paid for my land. Here is the land deal of the decade for you. My buddy called about some land (12ac) that joined him, all timber. The owners are in Kentucky and inherited the land, never seen it. He expressed interest and they said make an offer. He offered 250/ac and she said, "Sold! I'm tired of paying the property taxes on it." It's only 12 acres but it's stacked with nice timber.

There is 100acres in Lawrence co. for sale. Too far south??

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    10K / acre wowzers. I am grateful for what I paid for my land. Here is the land deal of the decade for you. My buddy called about some land (12ac) that joined him, all timber. The owners are in Kentucky and inherited the land, never seen it. He expressed interest and they said make an offer. He offered 250/ac and she said, "Sold! I'm tired of paying the property taxes on it." It's only 12 acres but it's stacked with nice timber.

There is 100acres in Lawrence co. for sale. Too far south??
    Wow. Yeah. The cheapest I have seen is just under 4K. I have several to go look at now in the 3.9-5k/acre range. But that's the best I've seen.

Top Bottom