• Status
    Not open for further replies.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    On the assumption that this is a government school, my only reaction is to shrug my shoulders and ask, "Why are we surprised?" This is the government. The same entity we don't trust with our health care, our protection, or our retirement. And yet we continue to think it's trustworthy to provide an education for our children.

One other thought: how else do you think they are going to get millions of kids with firearms in their homes to learn to hate them?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I guess my friends and I will all be mass murderers one day because we shot at each other with cap guns when we were kids. Zero tolerance means zero sense.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm not sure how the public school system is in PA, but it reminds me of what Florida and many other school systems are becoming. My wife is a school teacher and she worried of the risks of privatization of our public schools here in Indiana. This lone statement in the article: "The mother has tried to get the girl in another school since this time, and they won't take the little girl because of this mark on her record..." leads me to believe they are privatized (or she was trying to get her into a private school). It saddens me when an educational institute can reject a child over something like this...our society has some deep deep issues

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm not sure how the public school system is in PA, but it reminds me of what Florida and many other school systems are becoming. My wife is a school teacher and she worried of the risks of privatization of our public schools here in Indiana. This lone statement in the article: "The mother has tried to get the girl in another school since this time, and they won't take the little girl because of this mark on her record..." leads me to believe they are privatized (or she was trying to get her into a private school). It saddens me when an educational institute can reject a child over something like this...our society has some deep deep issues

:hijack:

And those would be??????

Who wouldn't want to get her child into a different school when the current one pulls some jackass stunt like this one? Privatization has got nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    My 13 year old brother in middle school was suspended before his Christmas break for 5 days ( which means 3 days before break, and two days after break ). Now, you would think a 5 day suspension would be for a very serious offense. Usually you get 3 days for hitting someone, or in school suspension for other things.
    What did he do?

He was on the bus, and was loudly talking about the apocalypse we were suppose to have on the 21st. He said something along the lines of "There is going to be an apocalypse on the 21st and you are all going to die!"

A girl on the bus told her father, and the father went to the principal.

He was suspended for making death threats. They said if there was adult witness, not just from the little girls on the bus, that it would have became a police matter, and not just a 5 day suspension.

I am not surprised that a bubble gun would get the girl in trouble. Considering most schools don't allow replicas, toys, or even hand depictions, ( some even pictures ) of guns.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom