Would be Gov. Gregg on INFocus this am...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So what you're saying is that they did something to help the employers who actually make this state's economy work? Oh, the humanity. How could they do such a thing.

Massive-scale fraud? You applaud this? At MINIMUM they could invest a small modicum of effort into doing things that matter to the base rather than telling us to **** off.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Massive-scale fraud? You applaud this? At MINIMUM they could invest a small modicum of effort into doing things that matter to the base rather than telling us to **** off.

Applaud it? I'm not even convinced that your tinfoil hat hypothesis actually happened. But if it did, I'm squarely on the side of the companies who were just trying to eliminate an obstacle to attracting and retaining talent, prevent the loss of out of state business that brings in much needed revenue, etc.. That benefits every Hoosier, yourself included.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Applaud it? I'm not even convinced that your tinfoil hat hypothesis actually happened. But if it did, I'm squarely on the side of the companies who were just trying to eliminate an obstacle to attracting and retaining talent, prevent the loss of out of state business that brings in much needed revenue, etc.. That benefits every Hoosier, yourself included.

First, I understand that you were not in a position to be advised ahead of time what was coming, seeing the preparations made, seeing it done, both what was reported in the paper and otherwise, and seeing the results and therefore bring a different perspective. That said, I really don't give a f**k whether you believe me or not. Quite frankly, you just aren't worth worrying about.

Second, if you believe otherwise, you must honestly believe that the Indiana GOP is made up of people too stupid to wipe their own asses without help. The original law could have been drafted to serve the ostensible original purpose without setting up what happened. Do you really think that these people didn't realize that? Do you really think that the guy who was put in office with $750K in homosexual money in a race that should have fit inside of $50K from beginning to end would have voted IN FAVOR of RFRA 1.0 if it were a genuine law and not a setup for exactly what happened?

Third, your lack of understanding of my point stands in evidence that you have not yet learned one of life's critical lessons: Never trust a turncoat.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I think this canard of companies not being able to retain talent or moving out of state is a bit over stated. Sure, several jumped on the "right side of history" back last spring so as to not have the gaystoppo turn on them but if you'll do a quick google search there is a lot of news since last year's mountain-out-of-a-mole-hill event to suggest that the economic impact is hardly as impactful as some would have us believe.

Indiana's low unemployment creates worker shortage
    Tech Company Announces Indiana Expansion - Inside INdiana Business
    Subaru announces major expansion in Indiana following Governor Pence?s Japan trade mission
    Governor Pence Announces New Jobs Coming to Vanderburgh County - 44News | Evansville, IN 44News | Evansville, IN
    http://www.wthr.com/story/29833372/fishers-tech-company-announces-expansion-new-jobs

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think this canard of companies not being able to retain talent or moving out of state is a bit over stated. Sure, several jumped on the "right side of history" back last spring so as to not have the gaystoppo turn on them but if you'll do a quick google search there is a lot of news since last year's mountain-out-of-a-mole-hill event to suggest that the economic impact is hardly as impactful as some would have us believe.

Subaru announces major expansion in Indiana following Governor Pence?s Japan trade mission
    Governor Pence Announces New Jobs Coming to Vanderburgh County - 44News | Evansville, IN 44News | Evansville, IN
    Fishers tech company announces expansion, new jobs - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

:yesway:

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis

Fishers tech company announces expansion, new jobs - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

I've seen this argument floated a couple of times now, and it makes no sense. In the end, the people that were concerned about the economic impact got their way. To say "see! Nothing bad happened as a result!" completely ignores that preventative action was taken by defanging the RFRA.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've seen this argument floated a couple of times now, and it makes no sense. In the end, the people that were concerned about the economic impact got their way. To say "see! Nothing bad happened as a result!" completely ignores that preventative action was taken by defanging the RFRA.

You should talk to would be governor Gregg then. He's in the camp of believing this thing is killing our economy. I heard him say so on that TV show yesterday morning.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You are missing the point. Had they been halfway honest and put forth RFRA 2.0 in the first place, I wouldn't be happy, but wouldn't be nearly so pissed as I am now. In case you missed the memo, with 2.0, homosexuals have become a protected class for the first time in Indiana history (which I do not believe in protected classes given that your two choices are equal or not equal, and do not accept that any should be 'more equal' than others) and our baker still gets the broomstick broke off up his ass if he stands by his religious convictions.

By the way, that word choice of yours is absolutely incorrect. While it retained the name, that is all it retained of its original purpose.

Another thing you have made quite clear, which reflects very poorly on your character, is that you obviously don't give a flying f**k HOW you get what you want as long as you get what you want.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    You are missing the point. Had they been halfway honest and put forth RFRA 2.0 in the first place, I wouldn't be happy, but wouldn't be nearly so pissed as I am now. In case you missed the memo, with 2.0, homosexuals have become a protected class for the first time in Indiana history (which I do not believe in protected classes given that your two choices are equal or not equal, and do not accept that any should be 'more equal' than others) and our baker still gets the broomstick broke off up his ass if he stands by his religious convictions.

By the way, that word choice of yours is absolutely incorrect. While it retained the name, that is all it retained of its original purpose.

Another thing you have made quite clear, which reflects very poorly on your character, is that you obviously don't give a flying f**k HOW you get what you want as long as you get what you want.

??? "Defanged" is a perfectly good word for the RFRA "fix" put in place last year. It made it more difficult to use the law as a license to discriminate.

And even if you take protected classes out, you'll still have to resolve conflicts between the rights of individuals. Both homosexuals and religious adherents have legitimate rights - on one side religious freedom, on the other having the law apply equally to all individuals - which by necessity come into conflict. A court was inevitably going to have to decide where the line between both individuals' rights would be drawn.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    ??? "Defanged" is a perfectly good word for the RFRA "fix" put in place last year. It made it more difficult to use the law as a license to discriminate.

And even if you take protected classes out, you'll still have to resolve conflicts between the rights of individuals. Both homosexuals and religious adherents have legitimate rights - on one side religious freedom, on the other having the law apply equally to all individuals - which by necessity come into conflict. A court was inevitably going to have to decide where the line between both individuals' rights would be drawn.

No it isn't. That implies reducing its effectiveness in ways you find objectionable, where 2.0 was a conversion into a different substance.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Mike pence lost my vote a long time ago. He seems inept at everything except lining the pockets of his big business cronies.

:yesway:

I guess I am a little more generous than that. I just sent e-mails to Pence, Bosma, and Dermody explaining that seeing 1055 and 1056 hit the governor's desk and get signed are the cost of my continuing to vote R in elections for state offices.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    No it isn't. That implies reducing its effectiveness in ways you find objectionable, where 2.0 was a conversion into a different substance.

So, just to recap: I discuss the change from RFRA 1.0 to 1.1, you say something about 2.0, I clarify that I meant 1.1, and you continue to discuss 2.0.

Do you actually read the post before replying? Serious question.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    First, I understand that you were not in a position to be advised ahead of time what was coming, seeing the preparations made, seeing it done, both what was reported in the paper and otherwise, and seeing the results and therefore bring a different perspective. That said, I really don't give a f**k whether you believe me or not. Quite frankly, you just aren't worth worrying about.

Second, if you believe otherwise, you must honestly believe that the Indiana GOP is made up of people too stupid to wipe their own asses without help. The original law could have been drafted to serve the ostensible original purpose without setting up what happened. Do you really think that these people didn't realize that? Do you really think that the guy who was put in office with $750K win homosexual money in a race that should have fit inside of $50K from beginning to end would have voted IN FAVOR of RFRA 1.0 if it were a genuine law and not a setup for exactly what happened?

Third, your lack of understanding of my point stands in evidence that you have not yet learned one of life's critical lessons: Never trust a turncoat.
    I didn't know there were 250,000 $3 bills in circulation.

Top Bottom