• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdaddy74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Westside indpls
    Wasnt mine but my buddy bought two Llama 45s about 10yrs ago. He called them the twins. we went shooting and they would jam every round for the first few mags. He would say "they just gotta get warmed up" lmao what a POS

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Remington 522 Viper. Bought it as my first .22 rifle for $125 on armslist because I could not pass up such a cheap gun. First time I shot it, I realized why it was so cheap and why Remington stopped making them.

Derpacoon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Indy
    Worst gun I ever bought was a Remington 597. The gun refuses to feed correctly and is unreliable. I have disassembled it numerous times to clean and lube it, hoping that it just needed to be broke in. Still no luck. I even contacted Remington to get some help and they said there was nothing they could do.

I don't want to sell it, because I would honestly feel bad taking money for it.

A real headache and disappointment. It will be very hard for me to purchase another Remington, especially with the lack of service they provided.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Armi San Marco Scholfield in .45 Colt. It shot 10" to the right at 25 yards. The star stopped ejecting the empty cases. The latch/rear sight broke allowing the cylinder to come off the arbor. Between a very good gunsmith and my brother-in-law it is now working good. Front sight is bent yet to bring it where you can hit what you are shooting at. Brother-in-law machined a new latch/sight with gunsmith telling him how much to move the Vee natch. It was bought in England so had lots of paper work to get it in to the USA.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Worst gun I ever bought was a Remington 597. The gun refuses to feed correctly and is unreliable. I have disassembled it numerous times to clean and lube it, hoping that it just needed to be broke in. Still no luck. I even contacted Remington to get some help and they said there was nothing they could do.

I don't want to sell it, because I would honestly feel bad taking money for it.

A real headache and disappointment. It will be very hard for me to purchase another Remington, especially with the lack of service they provided.
    you too with that one? try a new mag and take the bolt hold open off mine started working(some what) after that. i cant sell mine since its was a gift. good luck

gearheadwilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I was young and dumb (ex girlfriends might say I still am!) once and bought a brand new hi-point 9mm. I took it out and first round went great, then it refused to be anymore than a short club. I tried to help the piece of crap all I could, different ammo, slight polishing on the ramp/guide and even considered sending it to hi-point. Never would work consistently. In the end I purposely destroyed it because if the manufacturer didn't care enough to build it half way right in the first place why would they do any better on the 2nd try? I didn't want to knowingly own or sell a death trap

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Worst gun I ever bought? Ruger Model 77 in 7mm Rem Mag.
    Gun itself was fine, but what in the wild wild world of sports was I gonna do with it?

The only real trouble was the trade I made for it.
    Traded a 4" stainless Model 66 for it and a few other things because a good friend just had to have it. I thought what the heck (and later, what the heck was I thinking), but then had a hard time getting rid of that rifle.

Now I dont sell a gun of mine unless Im replacing it with something better or harder to get. Like my .30-30 I recently sold to buy an M1 from CMP. Thats not one Ill regret....

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    My Smith&Wesson model 19.

It wasn't a bad gun or anything, I just haven't bought any crap guns yet.
    the 19 did jam on me when I shot .357s after I shot a box of .38s. Totally my fault, but it's the only jam I've ever had

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I have only been collecting a short time so no issues with my three. I do appreciate the post to learn about what not to buy in the future.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Taurus Millennium Pro 145 - Sent it in for the slide lock going out too far and jamming against the outside of the slide, instead of staying in the notch. They sent it back saying they couldn't replicate the malfunction. I even sent them pics to show how it was happening, but they still didn't believe me.

Last one I'll ever keep in my safe.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Wow, you young guys are lucky you were not around for the first Grendel .380's. Bought one from a fellow cop in 1990 as a backup. 10 rounds of .380 in a light package, top loading fixed mag. Trigger was so ridiculously heavy you could not hit a 6" plate past 5 yards. No way to stage the trigger either. I sold that sucker to a lawyer as soon as I could.

Top Bottom