• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I know a number of nurses or hospital admin types who refused and got a waiver on religious grounds. Maybe that's an option?

I keep hearing about all the medical staff that are "Anti-Vaxers",
    Niece is an RN, two of my wife's friends are RNs, one doctor hangs around the group,
    So I asked them, they don't know one single person in the medical staff at any of the facilities they work that wasn't in line for the vaccine...
    So I'm skeptical about the claims so many medical professionals are not getting vaccinated, sounds like anti-vaxer propaganda to me.

The company I sometimes work for has a bunch of anti-vaxers,
    Two dead, two on permanent disability, the chief maintained man went into ICU last week, his wife and both kids got it.

The owner (vaccinated, wife is an RN) felt like crap, wife got him tested and he was positive. About 3 days of flu symptoms (headache, cough) and clear in a week, no hospital.

If I catch it, I'm hoping for the same results, flu symptoms and clear.
    I have pre-existing conditions (missing 3/4 of lung and issues with that) so I REALLY don't want to die from a virus there is a free vaccine for...

I'm back to wearing my mask and keeping 100% IPA bottle close to hand simply because of the anti-vaxers I have to deal with almost daily...

I actually paid attention in 6th grade biology class, it's just not that big a deal.
    You know, if this anti-vaxer bunch would have been around in the 60s there would be a lot less of them today,
    Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, all those things that used to kill 50% of children before adulthood would have taken care of them.

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Niece is an RN, two of my wife's friends are RNs, one doctor hangs around the group,
    So I asked them, they don't know one single person in the medical staff at any of the facilities they work that wasn't in line for the vaccine...
    So I'm skeptical about the claims so many medical professionals are not getting vaccinated, sounds like anti-vaxer propaganda to me..

My mother is a nurse practitioner with over 40 years of experience (now retired for a few years, but is still licensed) and I was trying to talk her into getting vaccinated. I'm pretty low risk so I don't see the point, she is extremely high risk so the scale is much more heavily weighted toward her doing it.

So, there ya go, an anonymous internet source of a first hand account of a medical professional who is "anti-vax".

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He's trolling. dontfeed
    I am not.

I'm simply trying to ask, "Where is she at?" Is she really, "I just don't see the benefit." Or does she have serious objections based upon some belief and/or evidence.

When you start looking for alternate jobs, that seems a little more than, "meh, what's the point?"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So I'm skeptical about the claims so many medical professionals are not getting vaccinated, sounds like anti-vaxer propaganda to me.

Two dead, two on permanent disability, the chief maintained man went into ICU last week, his wife and both kids got it.

The owner (vaccinated, wife is an RN) felt like crap, wife got him tested and he was positive. About 3 days of flu symptoms (headache, cough) and clear in a week, no hospital.

I have pre-existing conditions (missing 3/4 of lung and issues with that) so I REALLY don't want to die from a virus there is a free vaccine for...

I'm back to wearing my mask and keeping 100% IPA bottle close to hand simply because of the anti-vaxers I have to deal with almost daily...

I actually paid attention in 6th grade biology class, it's just not that big a deal.
    You know, if this anti-vaxer bunch would have been around in the 60s there would be a lot less of them today,
    Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, all those things that used to kill 50% of children before adulthood would have taken care of them.

If the covid shot was a conventional vaccine, then you could say anti-vaxxer.

But it isn't, and people aren't disputing whether vaccines work. People aren't disputing autism or other issues arising.

People simply disagree with being forced to take a medical procedure. You're free to do as you like to protect yourself, others should be afforded the same degree of respect whether you agree with it or not.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I am not.

I'm simply trying to ask, "Where is she at?" Is she really, "I just don't see the benefit." Or does she have serious objections based upon some belief and/or evidence.

When you start looking for alternate jobs, that seems a little more than, "meh, what's the point?"

Pretty sure I answered that question in post 11 when I said that wasnt her only objection.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I am not.

Is that why when he gave you an answer you claimed she was against logic and rationale? Call me skeptical.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

This is like a religion to you people. This isn't the type of input the OP asked for, but just as he predicted, here you are.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yup. And I can add a couple more to that list. 2 Son-in-laws. One an ER doc that works the "frontlines" and the other a paramedic that works the "frontlines"
    Can’t be true. Jeephammer says that his niece asked a doctor who asked another doctor who has a cousin in another hospital that’s married to a guy that works as a pediatrician and everyone they know lined up like it was free tickets to Pink Floyd.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom