• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What brand has your favorite work boot? Include the style in your post.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    Since my first pair of Redwings with their heat activated insoles I was sold! They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. Personally I like a mid high hiker style.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    thorogood american heritage 8"

redwing soles freeze in the winter and get stiff. 8 to ten hours daily thorogoods win every time and they are made in the USA. There may be better boots out there that are made overseas but, they will not touch my feet. $130.00 delivered is a pretty decent price. I get three pairs a year

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I spent last Friday sloshing around in the mud and water puddles and I ruined the pair of boots I had been wearing to work.

I had a pair of Ariat Ramblers, they weren't intended to be work boots, but I loved them so much that I wore them all the time. I really liked the fact that I can just slip them on.

Here's a link...

Ariat Men's Rambler Cowboy Boots - Square Toe

So, after a year and a half of wearing the Ramblers I'm now in desperate need of a new pair of work boots.

Should I stick with the Ariats, or switch to a new brand? What's your favorites? Give me the brand name, and the style if you know it.

These are the work boots I wear http://www.skechers.com/style/4442/sergeants-verdict/blk My wife bought me two pairs for a total of $75:yesway:

RHurt919

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Speedway, In
    I have had a couple pairs of the 5.11 tactical boots. Normally they don’t last more than two months. Not happy with their boots at all. Now I wear Danners. No complaints at all.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Blackhawk warrior wear boots. Im a delivery driver and these get a serous butt kicking and keep on ticking. I was standing in 4in of slush water unloading something from the truck this winter when a guy walks by and asks: What boots are you wearing, where can I get them and I dont care how much they are. I didnt even feel the cold though the boots much less get wet. My fellow drivers just shake there head as I tromp though puddles with no worries EVER. So worth the money.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I bought a pair of Double H boots back in December, and wore them camping in the middle of January. Wore them every day for the last three months. Went back to the store I bought them at and found a pair of Twisted X boots, and I've been switching back and forth. Of course, mine are for both fashion and function.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I normally wear cowboy boots while working/doing construction so my top choice isnt on your list, but something tells me its not what you were looking for. (Larry Mahan's. Not to expensive, last a long time, completely waterproof, kept more sharp objects from going into my feet than I can count, and are crazy comfy)

Of the more traditional style work books I have a pair of Danners I love. Those things have handled more abuse than they should have, and came thru it with flying colors.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Timberland Pro Endrance's, can wear them right out of the box without having to worry about a break in period.

I'm on my feet 12 hours plus a day pushing a handcart with 230 pounds plus in front of me and the last thing I want to worry about is my screaming at me because their hurting.

Timberland - Men's Timberland PRO® Endurance 6-Inch Steel Toe

pTBL1-7899859v275.jpg

I used to wear Wolverine Dura Shocks but the change the style and construction of the soles, BTW Wolverine owns Timberland.

Worst boot I've ever worn, Red Wing. Biggest piece of :poop: I've ever had on my feet.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    ..redwings for me since i took the money plunge on them bout 15yrs ago. the model is going to vary according to the purpose. mine have always been work-electrical- related. the boot dryer mentioned earlier in the thread is a very important part to getting ALL your moneys worth from them(any boot ). a second pair to rotate use is nice...want versus need type of thing. sorry if all this is ditto of above info but didnt wanna read all the guys foot fetishes.:patriot:....now if i could only find someplace to work in my work boots

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    these are the lowas I wear, desert zephyrs with gore-tex. they have a really soft and gummy sole that I thought wouldn't last but they are good as the day I bought them a few years ago. they are also 100% silent so sneaking up on people is a piece of cake.

2011-05-02_16-26-29_657.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom