• ...and so much more!
  • CKW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Mouse is right. The 3 or 4 things I posted up caused me some issues due to some of the push I got from the male members here. Most were low post classies squaters as the mouse calls them trying to get a deal on an already good deal.

I never once told anyone he was my hubby. But when he read on members posts it is a good thing there was distance involved. I very good thing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Brother nothing can be farther from the truth. Nothing. And I am sorry you would see it this way.
    Members that disagree with how we run the site get punted into the stands but actually discussing something with me is open season as long as we remain civil in doing so.
    I read a lot. And I mean a lot. Part of the job I guess. I know folks posting styles and usually what to expect in their responses. I am seldom off base and if so not by far. We are who we are after all.

Now, I made a statement as to your posting style. It also seems I am not alone here.

It seems you would disagree.

I'm un-banned proof that you can disagree with the mouse, if you're civil. :):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Mouse is right. The 3 or 4 things I posted up caused me some issues due to some of the push I got from the male members here. Most were low post classies squaters as the mouse calls them trying to get a deal on an already good deal.

I never once told anyone he was my hubby. But when he read on members posts it is a good thing there was distance involved. I very good thing.

WE GOT A RUNNER!!!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a suspect that when ammo was scarce, get offended since I had 45 ACP and needed 9mm for a class, get all weird with me when I wouldn't take his offer of 1 box of nine for 1 box of my fortyfive for even trading. 45 ACP is a LOT more expensive compared to 9mm. I did end up trading after much badgering. Haunts me to this day. I will never do that again!

Cracker

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 10, 2020
    Hanover
    I can't even begin to tell you how many post replies I've banged out and then deleted. Just did it again. BTW $20 is not much of a shield.

I have a incredibly hard time not saying/typing what's on my mind. I may say "Fudge it" sooner or later. LOL

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Does anyone else not see the thread title in the "new post" search?

Oh, and what in the classifieds makes me laugh is the "BNIB" rifle with a ton of mods. :):

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I like browsing the classified ads, but there are quite a few items listed that I would never consider.

"For trades only" are the weirdest ones for me.

I have never understood that myself. A few months ago a HD Night-Train was listed on Facebook Marketplace for trade only for one of two models Honda motorcycles.
    I texted him and asked how much he wanted for it and he replied, TRADE For Whats listed only....I said OK.
    I looked at what those Hondas were selling for and shot him an offer a few hundred more that the Hondas were selling for, along with a message why would you pass up a sale and you just go and buy what Honda you want, over hoping one of them somewhere near you wants to trade for a Night-Train? He didn't reply.
    Two weeks later he texts back and is ready to deal....lol.... I dropped the price a 1,000 bucks, and again I got no response. lol.......

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    For those that do not like the LTCH or DL, what is the opposition? I often offer it and I have had very few ask to see but it isn't any effort. If the deal is worth it or it is something I am really looking for I am willing to go the extra effort

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For those that do not like the LTCH or DL, what is the opposition? I often offer it and I have had very few ask to see but it isn't any effort. If the deal is worth it or it is something I am really looking for I am willing to go the extra effort

The entire reason we have the 50 post rule and ask members to be active in using the classifieds is so that we all know each other and are accessible. To ask an active member to prove they are a good person is a bit of a stretch. If I see your ad and it says those 2 things (bill of sale/LTCH) I will just go buy a new one as the price will most likely be close. This is JMHO and no knock on someone doing the CYA boogie.
    I don't have to show my LTCH to buy in an LGS so it will stay in my credentials clip. I hate that we have to pay to use a right that is part of the founding fathers vision.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A lot of people use this as their argument to require LTCH and DL.

(b) A person who knowingly or intentionally sells, gives, or in any other manner transfers the ownership or possession of a handgun to another person who the person knows:

(1) is ineligible for any reason other than the person's age to purchase or otherwise receive from a dealer a handgun;  or

(2) intends to use the handgun to commit a crime;

commits criminal transfer of a handgun, a Level 5 felony.  However, the offense is a Level 3 felony if the other person uses the handgun to commit murder.

The problem is, requiring those items doesn't insulate them from selling to an improper person, so it's unnecessary. The key word is KNOWINGLY and felons can still produce an LTCH and you have no way of knowing if it is valid or not.

For me, the biggest problem I have is that we have enough government intrusion in our lives, so why would anyone want to be more intrusive?

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    The entire reason we have the 50 post rule and ask members to be active in using the classifieds is so that we all know each other and are accessible. To ask an active member to prove they are a good person is a bit of a stretch. If I see your ad and it says those 2 things (bill of sale/LTCH) I will just go buy a new one as the price will most likely be close. This is JMHO and no knock on someone doing the CYA boogie.
    I don't have to show my LTCH to buy in an LGS so it will stay in my credentials clip. I hate that we have to pay to use a right that is part of the founding fathers vision.

Perfect answer. I have never used LTCH here but I do on Armslist...

Top Bottom