• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Huh, that's crazy. Do they really need to legislate this?
    Apparently the crazy to legislate how one walks along or on the roadway is contagious. Indiana is somewhat less restrictive about how you traverse the sides of the road, but by golly, walk on the right in the crosswalk! It's the law! ...as far as practicable. Does that qualifier make the difference between police-state and not police-state?

IC 9-21-17-11
    Crosswalks; movement along right half
    Sec. 11. Pedestrians shall move, whenever practicable, upon the right half of crosswalks.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9IC 9-21-17-12

Sidewalk available; prohibition on walking along or upon roadway
    Sec. 12. If a sidewalk is provided and the sidewalk's use is practicable, a pedestrian may not walk along and upon an adjacent roadway.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9.

IC 9-21-17-13
    Sidewalk unavailable; use of shoulder
    Sec. 13. If a sidewalk is not available, a pedestrian walking along and upon a highway shall walk only on a shoulder, as far as practicable from the edge of the roadway.

IC 9-21-17-14
    Sidewalk or shoulder unavailable; use of outside edge of roadway
    Sec. 14. If neither a sidewalk nor a shoulder is available, a pedestrian walking along and upon a highway shall walk as near as practicable to an outside edge of the roadway. If the roadway is two-way, the pedestrian shall walk only on the left side of the roadway.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Looks to me like the LEO put the truck and the runner together and wanted to question her. Looks pretty good to me. The woman looks like a meth momma.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Does that qualifier make the difference between police-state and not police-state?

Well, we speak properly without accent and do not wear funny hats up here so that may be the distinction.:D

I am shocked, shocked that a political section thread only included half of the story.

Let's hope the District Attorney does not see need to prosecute this. Being arrested for being silly should be enough of a punishment.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    A tad more info here, including the "officer cam." Look like he was wearing it on his helmet.

Tyler Morning Telegraph - VIDEOS: Woman claims Whitehouse police misconduct in interview; patrol officer's video shows otherwise

"Tackling," as a description of what the officer did, seems a bit... overwrought.

At first I thought, heck here's another bad cop but when I saw the helmet cam video it makes me think that shes a bit of a liar and probably has a snotty attitude most of the time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    what is not shocking is the predictable silence that will follow once the other side of the story is presented and the issue loses sensationalism....+1 to the officer in the vide

How dare you, sir! You have forgotten that they will be back to attack me for allowing the other side to exist.:D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The specifics of the encounter and the nature and actions of the two participants are completely irrelevant to the most important point at issue. In a society in which crime runs rampant and government overreach into the lives of non-criminals does likewise, WTF ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING WORRYING ABOUT WHAT SIDE OF THE STREET A PERSON WALKS ON WHILE THE BONA FIDE CRIMINALS STAND BACK LAUGHING AT THE BLUE TROOP?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    what is not shocking is the predictable silence that will follow once the other side of the story is presented and the issue loses sensationalism....+1 to the officer in the video

The citizen wasn't doing anything illegal, Yeah I know she was walking down the wrong side of the road, but the cop felt compelled to harass her. She might actually have an irrational fear of police and yes she embellished her story but I don't think we should support his decision to chase her down and cuff her. I've read many threads on here and watched many videos of "patriots" refusing to provide identification to various police forces at "immigrant checkpoints", or walking down the side of the road with an AR15 slung over his back while hiking with his son so to see so many on here support the actions of said officer is both ironic and humorous!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The citizen wasn't doing anything illegal, Yeah I know she was walking down the wrong side of the road, but the cop felt compelled to harass her. She might actually have an irrational fear of police and yes she embellished her story but I don't think we should support his decision to chase her down and cuff her. I've read many threads on here and watched many videos of "patriots" refusing to provide identification to various police forces at "immigrant checkpoints", or walking down the side of the road with an AR15 slung over his back while hiking with his son so to see so many on here support the actions of said officer is both ironic and humorous!

I didn't see anything excusing the officers behavior in that video. I went for my run today and happened to jog past an empty truck, i'm glad no cops were around to witness it!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Try putting yourself in a woman's shoes and consider how many male predators they have to avoid on a regular basis. Some women can't even pump gas without getting harassed by horny men. From her perspective she's minding her own business and guy with arm tattoos rides up and won't leave her alone. Run faster next time, lady.

And to play this off like a safety check. What a hoot. He cared so much about her safety that he'd chase her down and arrest her. And the superiors are 100% for it. Backing off and leaving the woman alone does not even register as an option. More hearts and minds have been won.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I still don't see where she did anything wrong, (guess that's why none of the charges stuck). She ran from a stranger, who was a cop. He said he just wanted to talk to her then threatened to kidnap her, (otherwise known as arrest). While he did not tackle her, he did take her to the ground and cuff her for no real reason. No-one's obligated to talk to a cop if you haven't done anything, (and walking on the wrong side of the road is hardly a crime. Hell, even I wouldn't stop. Might not run, but if I'm minding my own business he can go pound sand).

Top Bottom