• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've looked like I was dead before when I was really alive. Thank goodness nobody tried to bury me. :):

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    See, this kinda stuff scares the crap outta me. Granted, here in the U.S., most likely it would have been discovered (especially when they went to embalm her). But what about cremation?? :nailbite:

This is why I’ve decided on cremation. I mean, even if I’m still alive when they shove me in the furnace, it would be over fast, and there’s no chance of me waking up in a damn casket that’s been buried.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    So a guys wife passed away. They make all the arrangements, hold the service, and prepare to move to the gravesite. The pallbearers pick up the casket and move toward the hearse. They accidentally bump the wall and a loud groan comes from the casket! She is still alive! They remain together for ten more years before she passes. Again a service. As the they pick up the casket to go graveside again, the old man says "Watch that wall."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not nearly the same time delay, but I've personally seen someone declared deceased by medics decide to not be dead after all. They died shortly after coming back to some level of consciousness, though. I know of at least two more, one person shot in the head and one hit by a train, who were "dead" but then weren't.

Somewhat related, the reason people revive sometimes after hitting the dirt is it takes much less blood pressure to feed blood to the brain while horizontal than when standing. Seems obvious once you hear it, the circulatory system isn't fighting gravity, but the number I've been told is roughly 30% as much pressure will allow a person to revive who would be unconscious standing. Also why you elevate the legs above the head, let gravity help get blood to the brain instead of the toes.

Top Bottom