• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I wish Springfield Amory would make a stainless Hi Power.

But also I wish they could figure out a way to make both blued and offer stainless steel Luger P08's since they make 1911's and Hi powers it's another type of classic gun with demand to build and sell imo. I want more shooter Lugers on the market!!

I imagine the folks at Springfield could also make a better Luger than what Aimco of Texas has ever offered.

They could even call it the "SA.08" and unlike Aimco make it so it accepts all Luger P.08 mags including Mec Gars.
    I would like to see Springfield make a two-tone SA-35

023.JPG
    And I really wish that Uncle Mike's would bring back the Pacmeyer magazine bumpers

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yea...that would be nice.

I have a set of Spegel walnuts that are nice but my fav is a set of Navidrex grips...they are so thin. They really are nice
    I agree the Navidrex thin micarta grips are really nice. Mine I told you about came in the mail and I got lucky that they went on without any fuss.

I have to say being thin is no joke and to me they make the pistol feel like you're just gripping the frame itself.

Combined with the fact my gun is an alloy frame lightweight just makes it even nicer I think.

20230901_185625.jpg

Last edited:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I agree the Navidrex thin micarta grips are really nice. Mine I told you about came in the mail and I got lucky that they went on without any fuss.

I have to say being thin is no joke and to me they make the pistol feel like you're just gripping the frame itself. Combined with the fact my gun is an alloy frame lightweight just makes it even nicer I think.

View attachment 300088
    Same...I love them for carry. Not as elegant as a good set of Walnut grips but for concealed carry you really can't beat them.
    20230917_204431.jpg

Made in '85..

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Same...I love them for carry. Not as elegant as a good set of Walnut grips but for concealed carry you really can't beat them.
    That's a really nice MKII you got there with the custom work you've done on it. I really dig the skateboard tape for old school vibes and the Novak sights.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    That's a really nice MKII you got there with the custom work you've done on it. I really dig the skateboard tape for old school vibes and the Novak sights.
    Thanks.. the sites came with it when I picked it up except for whoever installed the original front sight did it the wrong way. I don't know how that happened but they did. So I replaced the front sight with a Night Fision Tritium with a orange dayglo doughnut.

The skateboard tape works so well. I know it's not custom sexy but it really works well. I also put it on my Springfield Armory SA-35.

If I can find another Mark 2 or 3 or another SA-35 I will end up doing two tone on it.

The one that slipped through my fingers that I wish I would have kept but I just got married and some things had to go because we were moving out on our own and my wife was at the time going to law school so didn't have a whole lot of money don't make much being a golf course assistant superintendent LOL was a Canadian Inglis No. 1 Mk I.

At the time I was having some problems with it. The trigger lever was worn at the tip. It wasn't properly engaging at the time I really didn't understand how to fix it and didn't have the money to drop it off at a gunsmith. I know how to fix it now but then I didn't so I sold it. That I regret I wish I would have kept it

Last edited:

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I am of the understanding that US LE uses the Commercial M17, with that why havent we seen a flood in the past few years with theses supposed discharges happening in the public arena?

You stated you are an M17 owner, and it sounded as if you were unaware of the issues reported with the P320 so I was expanding on my personal thread-relevant concerns that have put my own purchase of an M17 on hold, just so you would have that awareness and could assess your own comfort level with the safety and most appropriate handling procedures for the P320/M17. l was not taking a side to launch an argument or debate.

I'm uncertain what constitutes a "flood", but if you Google "P320 discharges" and read several of the top results you will see reports of 100+ actual not "supposed" discharges. Again, not arguing a point, just pointing in the direction of information on apparent experiences, each of which may have a range of causes that may or may not be a pistol mechanical problem. Probably better to start a new thread rather than further thread-drifting or hijacking this thread if you want to argue this issue; a discussion I would be eager not to participate in.

Finally, saying something "can't be reproduced" is logically flawed; if we do not currently know if or if not there is an actual mechanical problem, then we also cannot discern between "can't be reproduced" and "has not yet been reproduced" and "has been reproduced but not publicly disclosed".

My thread-specific wish is that SIG would conclusively eliminate that current uncertainty.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You stated you are an M17 owner, and it sounded as if you were unaware of the issues reported with the P320 so I was expanding on my personal thread-relevant concerns that have put my own purchase of an M17 on hold, just so you would have that awareness and could assess your own comfort level with the safety and most appropriate handling procedures for the P320/M17. l was not taking a side to launch an argument or debate.

I'm uncertain what constitutes a "flood", but if you Google "P320 discharges" and read several of the top results you will see reports of 100+ actual not "supposed" discharges. Again, not arguing a point, just pointing in the direction of information on apparent experiences, each of which may have a range of causes that may or may not be a pistol mechanical problem. Probably better to start a new thread rather than further thread-drifting or hijacking this thread if you want to argue this issue; a discussion I would be eager not to participate in.

Finally, saying something "can't be reproduced" is logically flawed; if we do not currently know if or if not there is an actual mechanical problem, then we also cannot discern between "can't be reproduced" and "has not yet been reproduced" and "has been reproduced but not publicly disclosed".

My thread-specific wish is that SIG would conclusively eliminate that current

Sig did, no one can reproduce that problem.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

My thread-specific wish is that SIG would conclusively eliminate that current uncertainty.
    I would also suggest you spend 26 min watching this video. Time well spent.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Oh yes. Another gun that slipped through my fingers that I wish I would have kept. I had two p7 pistols, a p7 M13 and a p9s. Those were sold in a fit of stupidity. Would have liked to have had those back
    Yeah I feel the same way about my Inglis and P7, those along with my Black Widow Luger I really wish I had back.

I bet that MKII makes a good ccw though.

Last edited:

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    For me, I would say the Stealth Arms 1911 Platypus. For those that don't know, the just like the creature of the same name that looks like it was put together with spare parts, the Stealth Arms Platypus is like a 1911 and a 9mm Glock got together and made a baby:
    • Mostly 1911-like internals (many are 1911-compatible)
    • Glock grip angle
    • Metal frame and slide
    • Takes Glock 17 magazines
    • Can be customized at factory with many options
    • Can be custom-colored to your liking (or go Henry Ford black if you prefer)
    • When ordered, it is hand-fitted to tight tolerances and allegedly runs like a top
    Then again, who wouldn't want a $1,500 piece of fine craftsmanship that goes bang? (I will probably never drop that kind of cash for a pistol, but I can dream, though.)

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    There's one gun I've been posting to these 'wish list' threads for twenty yrs,.......Remington Model 53. It was the experimental .45ACP version of the Remington Model 51 .380/.32ACP pocket pistol that Remington submitted to trial with the US military as an option to the 1911. I want one of those in the worst way but frankly, if Remington started making one tomorrow I wouldn't have any interest in it. I'm done with Remington in this lifetime.

m53.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Awhile back I stated a 15+ capacity 380acp. Ruger came out with one.

Now it would be interesting to see a 18+ capacity 32acp. In something the size of the new Ruger Security 380.

I have my 10mm wish list checked except I'd like to see more ammunition manufacturers load 10mm to its full potential instead of all these Short and Weak loads most produce and label it 10mm.

Top Bottom